The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
BMWCCA is hosting a driving school Friday, 4/18 at NHMS. The 1.6 mile road course w/ 12 turns at NHMS is great for light, nimble cars like ours. I love the schicanes at this particular track, where you can really work on your car control skills. I think there will be almost as many non-BMWs there as BMWs... there should be several Lotis there as well. The White Mountain Chapter BMWCCA is one of the friendliest clubs I've run w/. Hope to see more Elises there. First timers only have to pay $95! Check it out.

http://www.wmc-bmwcca.org/hpd_school.html

·
Registered
564 Posts
i'd want to but too many requirements.i just wanna drive fast.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I wish I could go, but will be on my way to Chicago that day. Maybe I'll see you on 5/22, for the Boston BMW CCA day? Last Toy, what's your non-forum name? Have we met?

Wendy

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Wendy

I was the instructor who discovered your severly underinflated tires. I'm attending a conference earlier that week so am not sure if I'll make the 22nd event. Still got a long season ahead of us.

Jay

·
Registered
4,713 Posts
I have absolutely zero driving skills, so I should probably think about going.

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This would be a great event for a first timer...

There is an Advance Driver Skills School the weekend before. It's taught by professional/volunteer instructors. It's a great way to experience/experiment w/ loss of grip (braking, lane change, and skid pads) in a safe controlled environment. You'll find out how hard it is to get the tail out and keep it out at slow-to-mid speed in our cars. You'll also feel how much earlier our cars will lose grip in braking in the wet vs. "normal" cars... more front-bias brake balance than optimal. All this in a water down parking lot w/ nothing to hit but cones. Even after 7 years of track driving, I still attend this school a few times a year to hone my car control skills. It's a lot of fun and a great way to prep for a driving school on the track.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I was the instructor who discovered your severly underinflated tires. I'm attending a conference earlier that week so am not sure if I'll make the 22nd event. Still got a long season ahead of us.

Jay
Hi, Jay. I think that so far that's my most embarrassing moment (track-related). ;) Thanks for the reminder. ;)

If I don't see you on the 22nd, see you soon after. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts