The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Although I've got time, I have already thought about putting a "trunk junk" box in the Elise. If nothing else, it would be a small plastic box or cardboard box with Velcro on the bottom (to keep it from sliding around.) Inside, I would put:

- 2 or 3 Microfiber towels
- A bottle of Mother's Showtime instant detailer (clean up fingerprints and bird poop)
- Container of Windshield wipes (cloths with cleaner on it)
- A baseball cap (in case I needed one on the road)
- A bottle of water (in case I needed on on the road!)

Anyone else think of this? What else would you include in this "trunk junk" box?

Bob

·
Registered
9,150 Posts
That's a good idea, Bob. There's more room in there than you think, as long as it's small or foldable. What's funny is that there's that emergency release thing inside. I'd love to see the contortionist who could fit in the trunk.

·
Registered
493 Posts
Yes, except I use Griots garage products.

You've got to try their "speed shine" product.

It's amazing stuff. I used it on my black boxster all the time. They sell trunk kits with this stuff pre-soaked onto individual "baby wipes" so you don't need to haul around the large spray bottles.

http://www.griotsgarage.com/catalog.jsp?L1=L1_1000

·
Registered
18 Posts
'I'd love to see the contortionist who could fit in the trunk.'

There is a video around (German, I think) showing a very small Lady appearing from the trunk of an S1. I can't help with a source.

·
Registered
468 Posts
junk in the trunk

I also have in my Miata (smaller trunk than the Elise):

a coin bag (with about $10 in change)
three flares
a flashlight

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Towel. Handy for covering up black leather that has sat in the sun (or cover it up when you are parked). Handy for emergency use if you have to lay on the ground, or carry some thing dirty. Always carry a towel.

A couple of small tools that can handle small emergencies including a screwdriver, wrench, pliers. A bit of baling wire. Some duct tape. A bit of electrical wire.

A couple flares. Maybe.

Duster brush. Wipes.

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Digital camera. Good for spontaneous tourist shots, but also good if you witneess (or are involved in) an accident.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think I see what you're getting at...

pinmagic said:
Digital camera. Good for spontaneous tourist shots, but also good if you witneess (or are involved in) an accident.
So if I understand correctly, by "digital camera" you mean "pistol", right?...:)

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
If not a digital camera, at least one of those disposable cameras, to document an accident etc. A few years ago, it made the diff. for me of the other guy admitting fault versus not.

·
Registered
521 Posts
Speaking of cameras here's a little tale that happened to me the other day, I'm lazy so I copied it from what I told my motorcycle buddies. Exactly why I try to always have a camera in the truck. Long read but I can't help but find it amusing.

Soooooooo

After work tonight at about 5:20 I'm taking my wife to class. We're headed north on 826. Just as we're passing the 74th street bridge the on ramp is merging. There's this little red car that passes the people merging and comes up to the end to try and get in front of me. Well I don't let her in and she flips me off and comes over anyways. There's some minor scratches from the contact. Then she gets over into the second lane over. I grab her license plate number and get the camera from my wife. So the right lane picks up a bit but I hang back and take a couple pics. They see this (only reason they stopped) so she stops and a guy gets out the passenger side and goes behind me and gets my tag number.

We're at a dead stop now as traffic in front is leaving us. He says something about we'll let insurance take care of it and walks back to hte car and they take off. I'm telling him to get off the next exit and pointing but they kept going. So I pull out my cell, wasn't sure what number to call so I called beafer and asked him. I was following them in the lane to the right while doing this. When they saw me following and on my cell phone they pulled off to the right side of the road between okeechobee road and 103rd street. Both get out of the car and walk back. She's screaming something about how it's my fault because I had to stop for her. I'm saying it's a good thing they stopped because I was calling in a hit and run. He says they're in a hurry and have to go so they start back to their car. I say you gotta wait for the police to show up. They get in with him driving and she gets in the passenger side and they leave. Beafer said to dial *fhp so I did. Tried that a few times but they don't pick up. So I got back on and got off on 103rd street. Dropped my wife off at the college and tried a few more times, finally got someone. Said I'd be in the bank parking lot on 103rd. They said wait for a state trooper.

Waited almost half an hour, got out took pics. Then the dude from the red car pulls in by himself. I tell him I'm waiting for the state troopers. He gets out looks at my bumper, says it can probably be buffed out. Says he's called the FHP also. He asks something about if I'm really going to file a claim, or report or something. I say yes. He says he is also then. He says the trooper won't do anything since the damage is less than $500. Seems like he knew what would happen a little to well. We wait a while, he says he's got to go get his daughters and gives me a piece of paper with all (almost) his info. I give him mine. He leaves and I'm still waiting for a trooper.

Finally one shows up. I explain what happened. He tells me basically what the other dude was saying he would. But I tell him it wasn't the guy driving it was the chick. That I took some pics, he asked to see them but I showed him the monitor on the camera was broken and would have to wait to download them. While we're talking I find out it's the dude that lives in my apartment complex a bit further in. One of two (previously 3) state troopers that live here. He's also ex military, and he's got a motorcycle. Don’t remember what it was but it’s a cruiser/sport model. Says it’ll beat a 600 in the quarter mile. Said the other day he had it up to 130 up on 75. Anywho after talking for a bit I’m saying I’d like it if he could find out who the chick is and make sure she has a license and such. He tells me something about the info the guy gave me doesn’t include the insurance company name or number just policy number. We notice there’s a cell number so he goes to call it or the dispatcher does or something. But he says the guy will be there in 20 to 25 minutes. So we wait some more. The guy and it looked like a son show up. He’s talking to the trooper. After a bit the trooper comes over to talk to me.

He says he had an idea when the guy was getting out of the car and the trooper first saw him. The trooper asked about the lady driving, the dude said she wasn’t driving that he was. The trooper then bluffed saying he saw the pictures I took, so the guy cracked. Apparently the chick was a girl that the guy was cheating on his wife with, so he was pleading with the trooper. . Trooper finishes with him and walks over to me and tells me how he had his idea and bluffed the truth out of him. Says if it were him he’d take a couple hundred dollars and call it good. So we call the guy over and I tell him $200 and I’ll just let it drop. He says he doesn’t have that much but he can get $100, I told him alright but he has to get the other $100 before the end of the month.

·
Registered
4,253 Posts
Here's a couple of things I am going to put in the trunk:

1. A helmet
2. Diapers for the passenger.

Neil

·
Supporting Vendor
4,290 Posts
Small tool kit. A car cover (naturally ;) ) Tire pressure gauge.

Inside the car, I'll stash a hat, Shower-cap and a map.

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Little Bastard said:
Here's a couple of things I am going to put in the trunk:

1. A helmet
2. Diapers for the passenger.

Neil
LOL!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts