The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone was going to the Mazda Rev-It-Up event. I thought it might be fun to beat-up on someone else's car! :p I'll be going with a couple of friends (who are avid autocrossers) to the El Toro event on March 14, 9:00 AM run group. Anyone else?

BTW, (hopefully it's OK to post a link?), the link to Mazda's Rev-It-Up 2004 website is:

Mazda Rev-It-Up

They run throughout the nation, but for California folk, there are events in San Francisco (March 6 & 7) and San Diego (March 20 & 21)

Bob

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I haven't checked the calendar yet, but unless there's something more important that weekend, I plan to be at the St. Louis event. I participated last year, and I thought it was fun. Very well organized. And the Mazda3 should be a better car for this purpose than the Mazda6 they used last year.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I agree. I liked the event, though the one thing that I didn't like so much (mostly because I botched my run) was practicing on a Mazda 6 with aftermarket sport springs, sway bars and Falken Azenis tires. Then for the actual run, we drove Mazda 6s with the stock suspension and Falken Azenis tires. Unfortunately I understeered too much entering the first turn thinking that the front-end would plant like the practice cars...

This year I know better! I may not do any better, but at least I know better! :p

I would love it if someone could convince Lotus to do a similar event with the Elise for people who are on the wait list! :cool:

Bob K.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm scheduled to defend my title in Boston, but the SCCA just changed the date and location for the Petersburg Pro from Petersburg to DC... and changed the weekend to the same weekend as the Boston event... which was ORIGINALLY the tour.

So they changed the date of the DC tour to the weekend that was slotted for the Pro, and moved the date of the Pro to the Tour.

WHY?!?!?! :confused:

·
Registered
3,970 Posts
rtking said:
Just wondering if anyone was going to the Mazda Rev-It-Up event. I thought it might be fun to beat-up on someone else's car! :p I'll be going with a couple of friends (who are avid autocrossers) to the El Toro event on March 14, 9:00 AM run group. Anyone else?
Bob
My wife and I are in the March 14th 8:00 run...Group 4.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
I would do El Toro, but it conflicts with the Los Angeles SCCA ProSolo event.

I will do San Diego though.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
Wow, SCCA sure is changing dates like a bunch of maniacs. The San Diego Tour was also moved so that it now conflicts with the Alameda Rev It Up (and the Neidel/McKee family vacation...)

Now I'm not sure if I want to go down for the Tour, or do a local event and Rev It Up that weekend, and go down for the Prosolo instead. The tour is fun for sure, but I've never done a Pro.

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Ack...

Do the Los Angeles Pro!!!!

But I never said that!!!

Randy Chase
President, San Diego Region AutoCross

:)

By the way, one of the guys who owns an Elise from the bay area said he will bring it down for the San Dieog Tour.

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Yep, I'm signed up to do the March 13th event at El Toro, Competition Group 3, should be fun !

1 - 10 of 10 Posts