The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone was going to the Mazda Rev-It-Up event. I thought it might be fun to beat-up on someone else's car! :p I'll be going with a couple of friends (who are avid autocrossers) to the El Toro event on March 14, 9:00 AM run group. Anyone else?

BTW, (hopefully it's OK to post a link?), the link to Mazda's Rev-It-Up 2004 website is:

Mazda Rev-It-Up

They run throughout the nation, but for California folk, there are events in San Francisco (March 6 & 7) and San Diego (March 20 & 21)

Bob

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I agree. I liked the event, though the one thing that I didn't like so much (mostly because I botched my run) was practicing on a Mazda 6 with aftermarket sport springs, sway bars and Falken Azenis tires. Then for the actual run, we drove Mazda 6s with the stock suspension and Falken Azenis tires. Unfortunately I understeered too much entering the first turn thinking that the front-end would plant like the practice cars...

This year I know better! I may not do any better, but at least I know better! :p

I would love it if someone could convince Lotus to do a similar event with the Elise for people who are on the wait list! :cool:

Bob K.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.