The Lotus Cars Community banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Scott M
236 Posts
Your perspective seems reasonable to me. $55k might be a fair, or at least expected dealer price, but ~$52k or so would be my target.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
So going full circle here! I bought a car!

The car in Colorado with the dodgy clutch and main seal have changed their mind and accepted my lower offer (much lower offer).
Car is paid for and hopefully gets shipped out this week!

Just bought a new flywheel/clutch and seals for front and back mains and the inputshaft from MonkeyWrench. Total $1300.

I guess I should do the pilot bearing and the clutch slave?

Ill document the process for others.

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
I guess I should do the pilot bearing and the clutch slave?
Ill document the process for others.
Doesn't hurt to put new bearings in while it's all apart. But the slave cylinders are rather robust, being all-metal and made by Aisin. The CRT-085 is the cross-ref part if you do decide to change it out.

Congrats too!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #25 (Edited)
Doesn't hurt to put new bearings in while it's all apart. But the slave cylinders are rather robust, being all-metal and made by Aisin. The CRT-085 is the cross-ref part if you do decide to change it out.

Congrats too!
Thanks. So its the master cylinder that has issues?
Do you know the part number for the pilot bearing?

·
Premium Member
1,168 Posts
Thanks. So its the mater cylinder that has issues?
Do you know the part number for the pilot bearing?
Yep, clutch master cylinder is typically the part that goes out. I've read it doesn't require the front clam to come off to replace, although without seeing how this is done I don't know how feasible it is. I swapped mine in a few hours after removing the front clam.

Oddly enough, I can't seem to find a pilot bearing part # from the various Lotus parts sites. I would think it's the same as any 2GR-FE pilot bearing. I imagine your clutch/flywheel kit you bought should come with a new throwout bearing for that side.

·
Registered
320 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Yep, clutch master cylinder is typically the part that goes out. I've read it doesn't require the front clam to come off to replace, although without seeing how this is done I don't know how feasible it is. I swapped mine in a few hours after removing the front clam.

Oddly enough, I can't seem to find a pilot bearing part # from the various Lotus parts sites. I would think it's the same as any 2GR-FE pilot bearing. I imagine your clutch/flywheel kit you bought should come with a new throwout bearing for that side.
Yeah I couldnt find a part number. Ill look through the manuals.
My clutch comes with a throw out bearing but doesnt look like it has a pilot.

·
Registered
69 Posts
be careful I had a PPI before buying my 2014 S and it was so worth the money. I had it done at a Lotus dealer so it really helped me out. $300 and worth it. I love the late model S cars. I am in the minority but I prefer the super leather trim and the better quality, less plastic interior as well. I did put a plan exhaust on mine and it sounds great.

Even with a solid PPI I did run into to different repairs. Oil line gasket leak and a gasket problem in the clutch line I think. both were about $2300 I think so even with a solid PPI things can happen. I absolutely love this car and I did test drive and look a many 400's. Watch Car gurus as well

·
Registered
69 Posts
be careful I had a PPI before buying my 2014 S and it was so worth the money. I had it done at a Lotus dealer so it really helped me out. $300 and worth it. I love the late model S cars. I am in the minority but I prefer the super leather trim and the better quality, less plastic interior as well. I did put a Plak exhaust on mine and it sounds great.

Even with a solid PPI I did run into to different repairs. Oil line gasket leak and a gasket problem in the clutch line I think. both were about $2300 I think so even with a solid PPI things can happen. I absolutely love this car and I did test drive and look a many 400's. Watch Car gurus as well

21 - 30 of 30 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.