The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am so excited that I now got my second later model wing mirror today, not 60 minutes out of the box, im already disassembling them both for painting to match. Does anyone know if the mirror glass has to come out to remove the colored part of the body, from the black louvered part? It looks like there are screws back there that have to come out and I dont want to take the glass off unless there is an easy trick, as I dont want to break it. I am a real good masker, I would just rather take them apart if its easier and less risky than I think it is. The one photo shows the two parts I would like to separate if possible. I basicallly want to empty the colored mirror housing.

Attachments

·
Registered
913 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks a bunch for that link, never would of guessed! But I ran into another small problem and I have a tip if anyone else ever runs into this. My one mirror the original adhesive either melted over time or someone had the mirror replaced and used a crappy adhesive to resecure it and it got all over the lockring mechanism. I turned that lock ring (which was really hard and) the mirror still would not come off. I was so afraid to break either of the glasses that I came up with a great idea, I used my GPS suction cup as a puller for the mirror, worked like a champ.

Thanks again for that link, I should of searched, but my anticipation of starting my new mirrors got the best of me. Cant wait to paint them.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts