The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone can tell me what the sound level is with a 2bular 5" plus decat or 6" plus decat. If anyone in LA area has it, I would appreciate the chance to hear the setup in person.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
as you know, mine is 8" 2bular with decat...I'll be at C&C tomorrow as well...

·
Registered
1,103 Posts
Larini sports cat + 2bular 6x24 =

sound about the same as a stage II with no sports cat

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks guys, but I won't be able to make it tomorrow. :(

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
2bular 4.5x18 with decat. 108db at 20ft no load.

The 6 or 8 might be better if you need lower sound levels.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Larini sports cat + 2bular 6x24 =

sound about the same as a stage II with no sports cat
Then a 6" 2bular with decat will be plenty loud still. :)

2bular 4.5x18 with decat. 108db at 20ft no load.

The 6 or 8 might be better if you need lower sound levels.
Holy sh*t, 108dB? What do you mean no load? Just idling?

·
Premium Member
4,709 Posts
Ara,

No cat and 6x18" 2bular on the Cup car ....sounds mean -- I'll have Richie call you when the car is there later this week.

·
Registered
912 Posts
as you know, mine is 8" 2bular with decat...I'll be at C&C tomorrow as well...
Really your car has a 2bular. I could have sworn i saw an arqray at the track. Thats the exact setup i want, as my mangaflow is LOUD. Damn if I knew you had a 2bular i would have listened more.

Ara,

No cat and 6x18" 2bular on the Cup car ....sounds mean -- I'll have Richie call you when the car is there later this week.
Really when will this be i plan on stopping by SS later this week for some parts.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
lol, no. Just reving in the parking lot which isn't near as loud as when you are on the front straight in 4th gear at 8k rpm. :)

But it's an above exit, so I can't even hear it in the cabin. So I'm ok with it. :D

·
Premium Member
4,551 Posts
Really your car has a 2bular. I could have sworn i saw an arqray at the track. Thats the exact setup i want, as my mangaflow is LOUD. Damn if I knew you had a 2bular i would have listened more.
Sh4rkattk, yea, I remember your Magnaflow being SUPER loud....I'm o.k. with being relatively quiet. Let me know when you're going to hit the track next. I'll be at SOW on fri and Big willow sun....sign up!

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ara,

thanks! :)

·
Registered
566 Posts
I have a 5" 2bular ultra with a big tip and decat...its very loud...and probably for sale if someone wants it. I'm looking for a 7" or 8" now.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
His is high exit. Should fit that 211 just fine. Then we can hear you coming...no more sneaking up on people. :D

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
His is high exit. Should fit that 211 just fine. Then we can hear you coming...no more sneaking up on people. :D
LOL

·
Registered
566 Posts
Matt,

Is your pipe a single side exhaust or center. Looking for a new can for the 2-11.

Al B.
Its over the diffuser...and its a great exhaust I get compliments all the time...I'm just looking for something a little more tame....this thing screams as it is now and it looks the part with the tip I have on it...

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
well I'm sold on this setup. :D Thanks Jack! Even though it was in the garage, the idle was just almost as loud as mine. I also like the rear panel delete on the car. I actually just received the Von Hep piece earlier this week so I'll be installing that while adding the decat & 6" 2bular.

·
shay2nak
25,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
6x18 GT3 and decat came in this morning! I remembered the exhaust looked great when I saw Jack's car, but damn it is an awesome exhaust! Thanks, Jim! Decat getting ceramic coated this afternoon, try to have it on the car by next Friday. :evil:

I hope it's quieter than what i have now. At least where I don't have to use earplugs. Otherwise forbid I have to trade for 7".

Exhaust weighs 11.5 lbs
decat 3.5 lbs

old exhaust 8 lbs
sport cat 7.5

so about the same total weight. :)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts