The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
My brother are looking to buy a new boat for the family cottage, and were wondering if anyone one has a brand/model that the prefer. We really like the x2 but were also considering many others across the board (malibu, ski natique) preferably being wakeboard friendly seeing as all his kids are into it....
Thanks,
Jon

P.S. Price tag is not a problem....he offered to pay for the whole thing :nanner:

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
We've got an early-90s Sport Nautique that has worked really well. Center-engined so that it planes quickly, and it is good for skiers. There is a driver's seat and spotter's seat, with a bench across the rear. There are more bench seats in the bow. The next model up had a rear engine with V-drive, which gives more interior room but not as good for skiing. Might not be bad for wakeboarding, though.

The Sport Nautique could be converted into an Air Nautique (for wakeboarding) by installing ballast bladders under the rear seats, so you could fill them up and make a larger wake.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the input...
Those air natiques are pretty nice and they have a great company behind them
Going to test drive this weekend....
Thanks again,
Jon

·
Registered
417 Posts
We have an x2 but can't comment about it as we got it this winter. After the research and stuff we did though the x2 looked like the one for us. For its length, it has the highest passenger capacity. Don't see how you could go wrong with the boat though, Mastercraft is top notch.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I had a nautique a few years ago...loved it and would buy one again...

Attachments

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
nice lookin boat...
I think the main two we are interested in now are the x15 and the super air nautique 230
Thanks,
Jon

·
Registered
31 Posts
MasterCraft all the way.

The Nautique is a very nice boat, but it's a struggle to think of any way it outperforms the X2 (purchase price, depreciation, seating capacity, wake, reliability, style, build quality, comfort, etc.).

Trouble with the question, "what boat is best?", is that it tends to get identical answers to "what boat did you buy?". I don't own either, and I don't have a financial stake, but I've spent *lots* of time in both (related to work), and would definitely recommend the MasterCraft.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts