The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a pic that shows the forward view you have sitting in the drivers seat. I have looked through many of the pics people have posted from the shows, but haven't really found one.

Thanks.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
z06fun said:
Anyone have a pic that shows the forward view you have sitting in the drivers seat. I have looked through many of the pics people have posted from the shows, but haven't really found one.

Thanks.
Check this thread,

http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2296

TidalwDave is going to see an Elise this weekend and wants to know what pictures people would like...:)

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the pic, that was just what I was looking for. I wanted to see how much the front outside edges of the car are in view from the driving position. Of course it will be different for each person, but I just wanted a general feeling.

·
Registered
963 Posts
tonyyoshi said:
not full view but might help ....
That's not a Fed. car though, correct?

·
Registered
963 Posts
xxxotic said:
Nope, unless they decided the speedo goes up to 240MPH:eek:
I know. :D

·
Registered
648 Posts
and they've decided to drive on the other side of the road! the corners of the clam are still the same size though in the old and new elise. you can't see the very front of the car but enough to use it as normal. i'm 5'11''.

·
Registered
14 Posts
view from driver's seat

First, the steering wheel seems smaller than the one shown in that picture of the British version.

Basically, you see the fenders, which define the edges of your view. But the middle section of the hood is low and arches quickly downward, so you actually have a good view in front.

I'm about 6' 3" and had a good view. One concern I had going in was not seeing very well below the top frame of the windshield, but that wasn't a problem.

·
Registered
648 Posts
It's not a standard steering wheel. It's a Sparco mounted to a removable hub.

On the fed version you can see the lumps below the windscreen which is where the abs stuff is now installed.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts