The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I understand my stock 07 mirror is smaller than the earlier cars, but it's still way too big and creates a blind spot for me. Seems the Micromirror is my only alternative but I'd like to get an idea of how much smaller it is prior to purchase.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Registered
246 Posts
Didn't leave work until after dark--picture wouldn't have turned out. But draw an oval in the middle of your rear view mirror measuring about 4" by 1.5". That's the micromirror. It is MUCH smaller than my stock '05 mirror.

Took a bit of getting used to, but I love it. Forward visibility greatly improved. Rear visibility is just as good. The disorienting bit is that you can just see the inside of the seatbacks through it. You don't get extra visibility out of the stock mirror (unless you like looking at yourself/your passenger) but I think that's the bit that took getting used to--no frame of reference inside the car.

Only other minor whine is that you can't easily dim headlights behind you at night. Otherwise, good upgrade...wouldn't go back.

Side benny: your SO can't use it to do her makeup! :lol:

Attachments

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the picture, that helps a lot. I like the look, I really need to reduce the blindspot so this will have to do.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Take off the visors as well.

Just don't panic if the micromirror takes some getting used to...def worth it.

·
Registered
68 Posts

recently changed mine. HUUUUGE difference

1 - 6 of 6 Posts