The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The short version of this, is while removing mine, I broke it...so, I was going to get one from a fellow lister with a spare on a donor car who has A LOT of experience tearing Esprits apart and putting them back together...and he broke his the same way I broke mine :) ...which made me feel better about breaking mine!

So now, I still need the Left Side quarter window for a Stephens Esprit. I missed a $50 one on ebay just a month or so ago before I broke mine (didn't need it...then :sigh: ), and now in searching for a second-hand window, I'm coming up empty.

I know where to get one new, so no need for links to SJ, JAE, etc.

If anyone has one or knows where I can find one used, though, please let me know.

Thanks!

Dale

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Do you mean the window in the door, or the one behind the door?

·
Banned
1,594 Posts
Just curious, why did you need to take it out?

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just curious, why did you need to take it out?
Well...need is a strong word :) I try to tackle projects in the fall, and "fixing" the peeling window primer was on the list. Doh.

I pretty much had the thing out...had cut almost all the old, hard as concrete betaseal out except one corner that was really thick (I found out how thick after it shattered and I could see why I was having trouble)...should have stuck with cutting with the wire, but I was having to keep pulling in one place so long, I was afraid I might be doing some other damage. I decided to tap a stiff putty knife into it from the side to try to separate the seal. Not a good idea. I was impressed with all the directions shattered glass flies, but I would have enjoyed it more if I'd been watching someone else.

I thought I was being gentle, but she clearly told me I was being too rough...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts