The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fellow Earthlings;
If anyone has an OEM airbox hanging around for a 2011-2014 S model that they would like to turn into a few bucks, give me a shout.
Thanks, Jon 860-877-1014

·
Registered
2011 Evora NA 6sp
617 Posts
Fellow Earthlings;
If anyone has an OEM airbox hanging around for a 2011-2014 S model that they would like to turn into a few bucks, give me a shout.
Thanks, Jon 860-877-1014
If it's the same as the NA I have mine. I think the flex tube to the TB is the only difference. But I'm sure others can chime in.

·
RegisteredUser of a Lotus
82 Posts
Fellow Earthlings;
Thanks, Jon 860-877-1014
I will shortly as I just got the BOE intake. Just gotta put it in.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If it's the same as the NA I have mine. I think the flex tube to the TB is the only difference. But I'm sure others can chime in.
Hi John,

Thanks for writing. Actually, they are different - different box structure, and the N/A has a variable flap that requires activation, that the S doesnt have.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will shortly as I just got the BOE intake. Just gotta put it in.
Hey buddy,

That might work. Do you want to PM me with details (year, condition, price)?

"Did they notice
That I'm in a Lotus?"

Hey, he's a poet
and he don't know it
but his feet show it,
they're Longfellows! :grin2:

·
Illegal Alien
5,153 Posts
Hi John,

Thanks for writing. Actually, they are different - different box structure, and the N/A has a variable flap that requires activation, that the S doesnt have.
Box assemblies are the same (same PN for NA and S cars), both have the intake bypass flapper. Only intake difference is the hose holding the MAF between airbag and throttle body, and this difference is due to the routing difference between NA intake manifold and S supercharger.

·
Registered
597 Posts
What Julian and John said. I probably have a bunch of these, and you're welcome to them if I haven't thrown them away. But it's a Toyota part, so there should be no shortage.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Box assemblies are the same (same PN for NA and S cars), both have the intake bypass flapper. Only intake difference is the hose holding the MAF between airbag and throttle body, and this difference is due to the routing difference between NA intake manifold and S supercharger.
Yeah, I saw that when I actually went to my parts book and looked it up. A certain someone lead me to believe that the box itself was different - glad I looked it up, and thanks for watching out for me you guys.

So I'm actually okay with what I have - thanks for all the responses.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts