The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,634 Posts

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I have two, you're welcome to use either, but it'd be cheaper for you to rent than drive across the US to borrow mine. :(

Depending on how much/how often you're going to do engine work, it's not a bad investment, and doesn't cost too much more than renting. Don't get the three wheel version. I made that mistake... which is why I have two. Get the 4 wheel type, the stability makes a big difference. But if you're not going to use one much, the three wheel type are dirt cheap and strong enough for most motors... especially 4 cylinders. I had an all iron jeep 6 cylinder on mine with no problems except when I wanted to roll it around.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
MW - try Harbor Freight Tools. They usually have them cheap. The X1/9 motor isn't very heavy (relatively speaking) so one of those should work. A 750 lb stand is $39.99 and a 1,000 stand is $49.99

Sadly, mine is in use holding my SVO's motor...

Bob

·
Registered
2,744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought about buying one. $40 isnt bad at all. I have a spare motor, so storing it on the stand would be nice so that I could move it around.

Oh, and I hope that I dont have to build another motor. I hope this time around it doesnt leak like a sieve like my previous attempt. Although I now know a lot more about building motors than I did back then :D

Thanks for the tips guys.

Next I'll be asking to borrow a 2000lb hydrolic lift (to lift the car so I can slide the engine/tranny combo in from underneath) :D I know I can rent those, but if anyone has one handy...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts