The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in the Chicago burbs area have an orbital (like a Griot's or Porter Cable) that I can bum?

Gonna detail my wife's Qx56 and no way in hell I'm doing it by hand. Don't want to buy one right now.

Lemme know. I'll pay you in jokes and leading spirited drives.

:)

·
Registered
7,726 Posts
Anyone in the Chicago burbs area have an orbital (like a Griot's or Porter Cable) that I can bum?

Gonna detail my wife's Qx56 and no way in hell I'm doing it by hand. Don't want to buy one right now.

Lemme know. I'll pay you in jokes and leading spirited drives.

:)
Thats a lot of work....esp on a qx....
I used to bring all my vehicles to the mexicans, they were good, fast, and reasonably priced.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,689 Posts
You'll have to come to Watkins Glen to pick this one up.....personally, I don't USE it on the Elise.

·
Super Moderator
6,820 Posts
For the wife's daily, just give it a good washing and a coat of Meguiar's Ultimate Liquid wax. It goes on and off crazy easy and leaves a good coating of hydrophobic polymer to bead like crazy for the next year. As long as it isn't black, that'll give you 90% of the result for 10% of the time. Maybe clay bar it first if you're feeling ambitious.

This stuff: http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g18216-ultimate-wax-liquid/. I'm very impressed with it for a "normal car" wax.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts