The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got a Chimera battery (with low voltage protection circuitry) which is still running quite well. I LOVE the low voltage circuitry which shuts it off to prevent you from killing it. It's also probably exactly why it's still doing pretty well.

Anyway, I'm thinking about sourcing some replacement cells for the time when the cells do go bad. Mine was a prototype for a V8 motor, so it's all held together with lots of screws... I'm terrified to just start unscrewing things to see how many cells are inside and risk breaking/shorting something (which is currently working well)... so I would LOVE to get some feedback from the guys on how to disassemble the thing.

Anyone have contact info they can private message me so I can contact someone who would know how my prototype battery was constructed? I'll be your best friend! :clap::bow:

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys! In all fairness my G500 has barely been used in the last 6 years, so it only had about 1.5 years of use before being turn off most of the time. But I'm 100% sure my battery would be dead a long time ago if it didn't have the low voltage cut-off circuitry. I can't count how many times I've let my (big) stereo run until it cut-off.

(looks like i'm not the only nut who finds a G-wagen and an Elise to be a fabulous combination, mattjk.)

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Looks like Ali hasn't been online since 2015 and Thomas since 2016.

Anyone, have any e-mail or alternative method of contact for either of them?... for example outside of Lotustalk?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts