The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a liquid blue elise/exige or a storm titanium that they can send me some good pics of - the lotus website just doesn't cut it with color choices - thanks -john.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
great - how about liquid blue - anyone? Opinions? - john.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I havent heard of anyone getting liquid blue yet.. it is probably close to polar blue in color:up:

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here's my dilemma - the dealer has a liquid blue with biscuit leather coming in soon - I'm not sure about the color/leather and the dealer was kind enough to order the same car in storm titanium with the black cloth seats (better for grip, not as hot etc) and give me the choice of the two - I will have to wait longer for the grey car though (they said 8 weeks). It's going to be hard to resist the urge to just take the liquid blue/biscuit when it arrives... rats! Opinions on my dilemma are welcome - john.

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
Here's how I see it... Storm ti is very common. Who has Liquid Blue? You'll be unique. Go for it. Seats shouldn't be the basis for your choice, IMO, because they can always be modified or replaced.

And aside from that, who wants to wait 8 weeks if they don't have to? That's good spring-time driving you'll be missing in your totally unique, Liquid Blue Lotus ;)

My thoughts.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
I would search for some pics of polar blue with biscuit interior to see how you like the combination - shouldnt be too far off from that...personally I think the polar looks best with black interior and black accents (wheels etc).....

but as Mike said, you can always swap the seats and door panels.....

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
that sounds like a very "classy" color combo. I think it will look fantastic, but not if you plan on modding the car out. Those colors will look best represented on a "touring" type elise, not a track outfitted one IMO. i remember seeing a wing on a polar blue elise and it just didnt' look right at all.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm also concerned with the biscuit leather developing a large brown stain from my excessive farting....:shift:
-john

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
note to self: never buy used car from ocelot27:crazyeyes

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm concerned it will look to "feminine" not to be sexist, but most pale blue cars look feminine - but we are talking about an exotic - not a Jetta....

I really need to see the car in the flesh and I'm hoping that the paint will be striking instead of mundane or feminine and that I won't feel bad about waiting for the storm grey.

I'm coming out of an Audi RS4 in "Dolphin Grey" - that was a beautiful car and as fast and willing as a starved cheetah. It was portly but handled it's weight like a sumo wrestler. I'm need a purpose built sport driving machine and after a decent drive (they let me thrash it) in an 07 Exige S, I found my darling - I don't care that I'll need to take yoga classes to get in and out of it.

john.

·
Registered
1,180 Posts
There are two Storm Titaniums too. One has more flake in it. The codes are B98 and B121. It you are buying new it will most likely be B121.

·
Registered
9,294 Posts
^^^ +1.

B121 took over for the StTi from 2006+ and is the one with more metallic flake. The B98 is for 2005.

BTW, get which ever color you like best. So far, I haven't seen a Lotus color in person that I haven't liked. Those same colors in pictures are sometimes, well, not so much.

·
Registered
6,981 Posts
The paint color of the car is much less important than the color you will have your Volks wheels anodized.

xtn

·
Registered
535 Posts
This is probably liquid blue:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,115 Posts
1 - 20 of 21 Posts