The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking about getting the Team Dynamics Pro Race 1.2 Wheels as seen on BlackWatchRacing but I'm not sure if the Anthracite color will match a Graphite Grey because if it isn't a close match I'll go for black wheels instead.

Anyone have pics of a Graphite Grey Elise with Anthracite color Wheels of any brand?

·
Registered
1,828 Posts
Here are a couple of a graphite Sport 260. The color of the Sport 260's rims is actually called gunmetal but I consider them to be anthacite.

Not the best shots but I can tell you that the wheels on the Sport 260 do not match graphite.

I had hoped they would or at least be close. I thought it would look cool if the rims were the same color so that it had a kind of monochromatic look overall and the 260 carbon would accent it. It didn't really work out that way.

The rims are pretty dark and have a different gloss to them whereas graphite has a pearl like behavior and looks light compared to the rims. The last picture does a better job of demonstrating this. The difference is even more noticable in natural light. In my opinion, this color works better on an entirely different color because then it looks distinct and purposeful instead of coming across as a bad match.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the pic. I think I'll go with the black once I can afford to buy rims.

Here are a couple of a graphite Sport 260. The color of the Sport 260's rims is actually called gunmetal but I consider them to be anthacite.

Not the best shots but I can tell you that the wheels on the Sport 260 do not match graphite.

I had hoped they would or at least be close. I thought it would look cool if the rims were the same color so that it had a kind of monochromatic look overall and the 260 carbon would accent it. It didn't really work out that way.

The rims are pretty dark and have a different gloss to them whereas graphite has a pearl like behavior and looks light compared to the rims. The last picture does a better job of demonstrating this. The difference is even more noticable in natural light. In my opinion, this color works better on an entirely different color because then it looks distinct and purposeful instead of coming across as a bad match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts