The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I'm hoping to do a alarm upgrade from our stock Cobra system to a Compustar and did a search through the forum and some threads came up but for some reason the wires in that PDF don't matchup with the Cobra brain when I pulled it out. Has anyone done an alarm upgrade or have the proper diagram?
If anyone has any info that would be awsome :nanner:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
The diagram from the Lotus Service Notes exactly depict the actual wiring for the Cobra 8186 so I really don't know what you have there? Here is a photo of the alarm Molex connector.
Cheers,
michael

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hummm well I have the service manual but I think the version I have is for the UK version of the Elise so the alarm doesn't match. I did download the wiring diagram from Pinmagic's thread on here but those are the wire colors that don't match @ all from that diagram. Does anyone have the color code for those wires pictured?

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
Hummm well I have the service manual but I think the version I have is for the UK version of the Elise so the alarm doesn't match. I did download the wiring diagram from Pinmagic's thread on here but those are the wire colors that don't match @ all from that diagram. Does anyone have the color code for those wires pictured?
B = Black
G = Green
K = Pink
LG = Light Green
N = Brown
O = Orange
P = Purple
R = Red
S = Slate
U = Blue
W = White

Attachments

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
TheViper you are the man! thanks so much. I have 2 ask though do u have a bigger image though? I now have the color code but I can't see the color labeling on the diagram and when I blow it up on my printer it's all pixelated.

Thanks in advanced! :bow:

·
Registered
6,960 Posts
PM me your e-mail
Michael
TheViper you are the man! thanks so much. I have 2 ask though do u have a bigger image though? I now have the color code but I can't see the color labeling on the diagram and when I blow it up on my printer it's all pixelated.

Thanks in advanced! :bow:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts