The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
6,535 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
It certainly is NOT Aubergine Purple. That looks more like Magnetic Blue....although the lighting and the camera make it look darker than mine. It could be Nightfall Blue, but I didn't think they offered that color in a 06 Exige. If it is...it's 1 of 2 Magnetic Blues that year...I have the other one. :) If you are really curious, call the guy and ask for the paint code off the car.

It also could be a repaint depending if those strips are vinyl or paint...I say that because the Exige logo on the back is in the wrong location. If it is a respray then that could explain why it doesn't match factory hues very well.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Typical dealership....not only is the stated color WRONG, but they listed a 0-60 time that is also WRONG for a N/A '06 Exige. rotfl

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It certainly is NOT Aubergine Purple. That looks more like Magnetic Blue....although the lighting and the camera make it look darker than mine. It could be Nightfall Blue, but I didn't think they offered that color in a 06 Exige. If it is...it's 1 of 2 Magnetic Blues that year...I have the other one. :) If you are really curious, call the guy and ask for the paint code off the car.

It also could be a repaint depending if those strips are vinyl or paint...I say that because the Exige logo on the back is in the wrong location. If it is a respray then that could explain why it doesn't match factory hues very well.
Is this your car?

If not, it means there is 3 or this is a repaint.

Used 2006 Lotus Exige for Sale - Stock #LC020 | DealerRevs.com - Dealer Car Ad #57094951

Still need to know where the paint code is if anyone knows... Thanks!

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
This is why I don't even pay attention to dealer cars... Not only do they not know or do not disclose the correct history, but nine times out of ten they tack an extra ten thousand on these cars and don't even know what color it is....

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
This is why I don't even pay attention to dealer cars... Not only do they not know or do not disclose the correct history, but nine times out of ten they tack an extra ten thousand on these cars and don't even know what color it is....
Yeah I know what you mean, but an Exige for sale seems to get more rare every day...

·
Registered
442 Posts
The paint code should be PRINTED ON A STICKER located on the inside of the drivers sill, back by where the seatback axis is.

Nightfall Blue: B105
Aubergine Purple: B102
Magnetic Blue: B100

Nope that's not my car...I think Travis is right...it looks a LOT closer to Nightfall Blue than Magnetic Blue. I just didn't know they offered Nightfall Blue in a 06 Exige.

·
Premium Member
2,161 Posts
Good catch! If it is the same car, did the dealer disclose the front clam replacement and erar clam repaint? Would they even know?

I did note the inside hatch emissions sticker says Elise, but I guess they all say that, whether it's an Elise or an Exige? I wouldn't know, as I have an Elise.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts