The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm driving my '05 down the highway. Suddenly, the driver's right front turn signal light pops off! Yeah, the "nostrils" next to the headlights! Just popped off! I wasn't far from home so I just let it rest on the radiator grill cover until I got home. Go figure!!!
Actually, I thought it was kinda funny. Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious. rotfl

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
yes, mine has. and it is a new car. fell off at about 800 miles. I just glued it back in with a couple small dabs of silicone.

I told the dealer that, and they said they would just have done the same thing, because every lotus has the light pop off. it is the flimsy little tab.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
i had a rubber band on mine from the factory. how hokey!!!

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Registered
6,554 Posts
I think the more illuminating question would be who HASN'T this happened to? Yup, the bungee cord fix seems to be the repair of choice.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Haha. First time for me. I looked on the first page of this forum but didn't find anything. Guess I didn't dig into the history enough!
All part of the Lotus experience! :UK: No, this isn't my first Lotus! rotfl

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
oh yeah

on some spirited back road driving hit a bump and it flew right out..........and a motorhome going the other way ran over it:(..........so now I am stocked with spares!!!:D.....for just in case another motor home runs over it!

·
Registered
579 Posts
Yes. Happend to me a half hour after I bought the car while driving home from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
26,313 Posts
My left front turn signal light flew off on my '05 Elise. Then my right front turn signal light flew off.

I used a bead of auto parts glue to stick them back on until I could get to the mechanic.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'm so glad I found this recovery group. And all this time, I thought the lamp fell off because of something I had done. Somehow, I thought it was all my fault it flew off. Now I know it wasn't my fault. I'm a good person. I'm not perfect, but I'm a good person. The lamp isn't a bad lamp, it just didn't know and respect its part in the Elise universe. The lamp needs help. I hope the bungee cord can give the lamp that help. But it wasn't my fault. I'm a good person. . .rotfl

·
Registered
175 Posts
I'm so glad I found this recovery group. And all this time, I thought the lamp fell off because of something I had done. Somehow, I thought it was all my fault it flew off. Now I know it wasn't my fault. I'm a good person. I'm not perfect, but I'm a good person. The lamp isn't a bad lamp, it just didn't know and respect its part in the Elise universe. The lamp needs help. I hope the bungee cord can give the lamp that help. But it wasn't my fault. I'm a good person. . .rotfl
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
143 Posts
I also am joining these ranks! Was coming home from a beach weekend trying to look supercool going down bumpy @$$ 264 as it merges to 64. 370z and Lancer were eyeing me and I gave them the thousand yard stare as I took a sharp merge ramp so smooth it left them speechless...me as well as my driver side signal housing bumped and banged against clam. Embarrassing ! Rode home with the hole of shame in the front.
Plus 100 on the great bungee strap fix!

·
Premium Member
2,978 Posts
Yup. At a Test & Tune and one of my friends drives up in her Elise and says she heard a POP while oncourse. From the right front, she says. I shake the road wheel both ways and tell her I think her suspension is OK. She drives away. Her husband notices the turn signal sticking up a little.

Have not had it happen to mine yet. Both cars are 2005.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Mine came off on a bumpy road doing about 100. It stayed attached and beat the crap out of my paint.

Goodtimes...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts