The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't beleive that no one has talked about going to lime rock this weekend for the biggest road racing series in the us coming to CT. I am kinda dissappointed. Anyhow I am going to be there friday and saturday I won't be in the lotus as I will have lots of stuff coolers, canope, beer etc... but I will be there. Hope to see some of you there.

·
Registered
284 Posts
ALMS lost a bit of luster for me once Audi dropped out of it. I'll definitely be watching though.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well yeah some of the best names dropped out, I was very dissappointed about the loss of the Aston's a few years ago and this year the GT1 vette's are no longer there, but other teams and new classes have stepped up and made it a pretty good race all the same. I think its just an evolution of racing same as F1 I know it suck to change but other classes and teams will come out of it and it will again be something spectacular to see. But I still am very upset about my favorites being gone and holding a hope that something as good will catch my eye.
I think the biggest dissappointment is the use of alternative fuels, I know they are more friendly and all, but I watch racing to smell the race fuel, there is nothing like the smell of leaded race fuel sadly its almost completely gone in racing. Oh well just more evolution.

·
Registered
958 Posts
Yea, here is St. Pete I was disappointed to show up and not have ANY GT1 cars however I was looking forward to seeing the M3's. And yea, not having the R15's around bummed me out as well.

Still a good time however and love going to that race.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I'm taking my three kids up tomorrow. Even if it's just a nice day for a picnic, it should be a good time.

·
Registered
443 Posts
I had my Black 07 Exige there on Friday. What a great day. When my buddy and I came back to the car in the afternoon there was a Titanium (carbon roof) and white Exige parked 2 cars away. All our cars had a crowd. After opening the car folks came around and started asking questions about the cars and mods. I ended up giving a full car mod class for about 20 minutes. LOL

My buddy is friends with Highcroft Racing, Duncan Dayton's business manager who gave us a full car and transported tour. Folks- the race car is $2.5 million of pure F1 on a smaller budget. They had all the body work off and I could have stood around the whole day looking at it. You have NO idea the level of technology and detail that goes into that car and operation. Total of 100 real time data sensors streamed back to the factory in Danbury CT for instant analysis by the engineers relayed back to the team.

It was a great day wandering around talking to many people and racers I have gotten to know over the last 40 years going to and racing at Lime Rock, walking the track with all the great viewing areas, drinking beers in the Harpoon Ale tent on the hill overloking the track and then watching the really exciting qualifying as the dark rain clouds approached.

So fess up if you parked your Lotus on the grass near the consession alley area.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts