The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today my regular mechanic shop changed engine oil for me. They didn't have Mobil 1 so they commended and used ELF Lubricant (France) - synthetic engine oil 5W-40. He said this is very good oil used by BMW, Mercedez and Porsche. I've checked it out:

Additives, engine oil, grease, lubricant, lubricants, motor oil - ELF Lubricants

Restitution.aspx

http://www.lubadmin.com/upload/produit/FichePDF/lang_1/4304.pdf

Anyone has any opinion or experience with this motor oil? I've tried all kinds of engine oil in the past in my 05 Elise and Motor 1 performed the best. Thanks.

·
Registered
506 Posts
All I know is that the company sponsored some VERY adventurous designs back in the mid 1970's....

Understeer : SOLVED!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Brake cooling: not.

rotfl

I always loved that car and never really understood why the couldn't clear up the brake cooling issues.
The FIA banned it, so cooling the brakes wasn't their biggest problem. :shrug:

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
A few customers have had me make Elf and various assorted other logos used on some of the JPS cars to match their cars in video games, etc. Really wish the guy in France with the black Exige that got all the gold graphics would of sent pics.

·
Registered
378 Posts
It's great stuff; is what's in my Elise, as well as my turbo VW Jetta. One of the only oils I can find that has the rating Vw requires for the warenty to be honored. And yeah, weren't those little wheels/tires cool on the Terrel!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts