The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm not, but just wondering if anyone has as of late?

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
nope, in fact, I've never heard of a topless evora

But then again, Lotus news has been pretty weak lately

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, no news on anything. IMO its because they are working on projects but don't have anything to announce yet and don't want to fall into the 'DB Trap'.

TBH I doubt they have the resources to do a convertible Evora.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, no news on anything. IMO its because they are working on projects but don't have anything to announce yet and don't want to fall into the 'DB Trap'.

TBH I doubt they have the resources to do a convertible Evora.
Not a convertible per se, but even a targa top would be awesome.

·
Registered
2,349 Posts
I would instantly trade for a convertable and drop one car from the stable.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would instantly trade for a convertable and drop one car from the stable.
Call me naive but you've got to think that eventually they have to come out with a targa or convertible. I'm thinking that I'd instantly go with one but honestly the deal would have to be right.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Huh? What does the Spyker have to do with the Evora? Pardon my ignorance.

·
Premium Member
2,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No, no. It's not that I don't believe you. It's just that I was ignorant to the fact.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
The last I heard the Evora Spyder was production ready...but so was the Esprit. Hopefully the new CEO will release something soon.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts

·
Registered
1,601 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Not sure how well they would sell. I just read some article about how convertibles are becoming less and less desirable in the US.

·
Registered
626 Posts
Not sure how well they would sell. I just read some article about how convertibles are becoming less and less desirable in the US.
I can't say that rendering did anything for me. I would probably stick with the coupe.

·
Registered
795 Posts
That's because manufacturers keep making them as 'add-ons' that are hundred of pounds heavier than the coupe. So, you lose in driving dynamics to get a little wind in you face.

If you design them as convertibles right from the beginning like the Elise/Exige, then the convertible can have the same or less weight. The Evora was designed as a convertible and coupe in mind, so if they had built the convertible, we would have hopefully gotten a drop-top with the same weight.

But, like others have said, it's hard to imagine Lotus will do it considering the state of their finances. But, if they did...:nanner:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Considering the Spyker B6 was just given a green light, that would mean a version of the Evora spyder is going into production.
At this point it seems likely that the production B6 is Evora-based, but I still haven't found anything truly authoritative. Spyker B6 Venator to pack Lotus power - Autoblog would seem to indicate that Lotus are involved.

First Look At Production-Spec Spyker B6 Venator

I love the look of the B6. :coolnana:

I am deeply concerned, however... If Lotus has licensed the Evora platform to Spyker for the B6, then does that mean they have abandoned it for future upgrades? :confused: Lotus would have to compete with their own tech on price, because a drop-top Evora would unlikely be as cool as a B6 Spyder!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts