The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be picking up my car and heading down to New Orleans in August. ( that, or I may go driving with Chris and the gang around Atlanta).

My parents wish to drive down to New Orleans with my husband and I and we figured it would be smart to pick the car in Atlanta up on the way down and I can put the 1000 break in miles on the car during the trip to New Orleans and back to Georgia again where I can get my first service and then drive home.

Here's my problem, I WILL NOT park or drive my new car in the French Quarter. We usually stay at the Monteleone hotel and they do have a garage but I dont want to deal with it.

Anyone here live in New Orleans? Garden District? Metarie? And if so do you have an enclosed garage where I could possibly park my elise for 2 or 3 days?

Thanks
Jenn

·
Registered
130 Posts
Why yes, I live in New Orleans. I have a 2 car garage which is currently housing a '75 Delta 88 convertible and a '71 Spitfire. However, I'm sure I could find a temporary home for one of them to make room for your Elise. Especially for a ride, or drive in the Elise.:D

I live on the Lakefront in N.O., fairly close to Downtown and the Quarter.

Let me know.

Jim

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jim, thanks for the reply! I had hoped you'd see this. I just may take you up on that offer. Right now Im bouncing around two scenarios. One is to run down to Georgia, get the car and drive around with Zvedzdah on some fun winding roads for run in and then get my car serviced.

OR

My parents have asked my husband and I to go to New Orleans with them. I keep putting them off hoping that my car will come in so I feel guilty. My father is an art dealer and they go to N.O. often, in fact they may as well live down there. Dad suggested driving down, picking up the Lotus and then continuing on down to N.O. THe ONLY way I'll do this is if someone like you would be willing to house my little treasure for a few days. I'm sure we could work something out with regards to a drive or a ride. :D

I'll get back with you soon! At the moment it looks like my car is being built in July and shipped in August, I just dont know WHEN in August.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Jenn, I can certainly understand the appeal of driving your new Elise along winding roads in Georgia. But, if you do decide to take the boring interstate to our crappy roads here, I am sure I can accomodate your new toy with a space in my garage. You will, however, have to keep your keys. Otherwise, I cannot be held responsible for unexplained miles on your odometer. :p

Hope to see your Elise (uh.. and you) in August.:cool:

·
Registered
5,311 Posts
JimNOLA said:
You will, however, have to keep your keys. Otherwise, I cannot be held responsible for unexplained miles on your odometer. :p
Does Ferris Bueller come to mind???? :D :D

A set of jackstands and reverse....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts