The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in burke for now, my house is being built out in culpeper, i was just seeing where people live.

-jeremy

·
Registered
413 Posts
There are at least 4 of us in Reston with Elise deposits. Criswell has over 100 deposits- so we'll be seeing many Elises.

Post up, people! Where are ya from?

·
Registered
446 Posts
I'm in DC - Georgetown...

... and I'm # 6,472.5 on the list at Criswell. Just for backup purposes, I'm # 39 at Valenti as well.

If you guys are into the local SCCA autocrosses etc, you may have seen me around in my Silver 1993 Mazda RX7 in SM2 class (#47). It was totalled last month so here I am, waiting just like everyone else. In the meanwhile, I'll be campaigning my Silver MINI Cooper in HS (#14) this summer. Be sure to say hi if you spot me.

Scott

p.s. sure seems to be a bunch of former/current 3rd generation RX7 owners stepping into the Elise.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Hey guys! Yeah I am also local. 70something at criswell.

I am also the previous Rx7 owner from "the big list." Went from the 7 to an s4 to my current boxster s. Soon of course to be the elise.

I was at one point going to try to get everyone on down to allsportsgp for a bit of karting fun. If anyone is still interested, let me know. I suggest we shoot for sometime mid march. say the 20th?

Scot

(BTW if you are interested in karting, there is a swap meet in VA this coming saturday...)

·
Registered
413 Posts
I just went karting (yesterday) at Allsports with some of the NSX guys. Had a blast. Keep me posted- I'm definitely up for something early or mid-march.

Going to VIR 3/27-28 with the DC Mazda club. Not sure if i'm gonna take the '79 rx-7 "track" car ...or the NSX (to gain more "mid-engine" track experience b4 the Elise arrives).

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Re: I'm in DC - Georgetown...

coulthard fan said:
... and I'm # 6,472.5 on the list at Criswell. Just for backup purposes, I'm # 39 at Valenti as well.
Hehe, I hear that.

If you guys are into the local SCCA autocrosses etc, you may have seen me around in my Silver 1993 Mazda RX7 in SM2 class (#47). It was totalled last month so here I am, waiting just like everyone else. In the meanwhile, I'll be campaigning my Silver MINI Cooper in HS (#14) this summer. Be sure to say hi if you spot me.
Sorry about your rx7... This will be my first summer down here. I did the NASA-Xs up in NYC a couple of summers ago (had to skip last summer), and I'm a little bummed that I'm going to be in E-Mod w/ my V8 240Z, but oh well. Hopefully the elise will be more reasonably classed.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I drove in the Mazda event in March last year @ VIR. All I can say is be prepared, it snowed on the 2nd day.

As for local karting, there is a large group of SCCA folks going to AllSports next Saturday the 21st from 12-4. I'm signed up, but may skp out on it if I go to Pittsburgh to ski... and see the red Elise at their auto show. (since I've never seen one in person)

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Re: I'm in DC - Georgetown...

Sorry about your rx7... This will be my first summer down here. I did the NASA-Xs up in NYC a couple of summers ago (had to skip last summer), and I'm a little bummed that I'm going to be in E-Mod w/ my V8 240Z, but oh well. Hopefully the elise will be more reasonably classed.
Thanks. Welcome to the area. Check out this list of local AX's http://www.autocrossers.com/ The SCCA events use the huge FedEx field lot, but I'd reccommend getting a season subscription if you haven't already http://solo.wdcr-scca.org/home.htm E mod around here is ok, kind of a small group but fast.

·
Registered
178 Posts
DCNSX: I will also be there! If you haven't already gotten your room I highly suggest registering as soon as possible.

Well considering its the mazda group, bringing the 7 is the politically correct decision. Of course the nsx would definitely put you a bit more in the "hey look at that" type category. Believe me, I know with my boxster and the people wondering why I was there....

·
Registered
340 Posts
Re: I'm in DC - Georgetown...

coulthard fan said:
Being #32, If our cars come in at the same time, we can make a road trip out of it. How sweet would that be, 2 elise's rolling down the highway/back hills for 5 hours.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Re: Re: I'm in DC - Georgetown...

cranium said:
Being #32, If our cars come in at the same time, we can make a road trip out of it. How sweet would that be, 2 elise's rolling down the highway/back hills for 5 hours.
I'm 35 ... and up for a caravan.

Coulthard: Thanks for the autoxers link, nice to have all the dates in one place! I thought about the subscription, but I know I'm not going to be able to make the test and tune, or the 7/11 date, so I think it works out better a la carte. If only I had the 2004 schedule back in December I could have planned around it. :(

·
Registered
446 Posts
Re: Re: Re: I'm in DC - Georgetown...

Evl said:
I'm 35 ... and up for a caravan. ... I thought about the subscription, but I know I'm not going to be able to make the test and tune, or the 7/11 date, so I think it works out better a la carte.
Guys, we'll have to keep in touch about a caravan.

Evl: even if you miss 2-3 events, the subscription is worth it. These events fill up VERY fast, like within hours. Its so much easier to be preregistered for the whole season... and you get to keep the same number, which is good if you don't have a full set of magnetic numbers. Looking forward to kicking your ass in the Elise in '05! j/k :D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Re: DC Autox activity

I second Scott's comment about the subscription - it makes sense for the SCCA events (although the advance discount is no longer available). Last year I did the signup on the web (no subscription), and wait listed at least half the events. I always seemed to get in though. I unfortunately couldn't get a subscription, as I like to sign up for morning heats (alternating CS / SM2), which I will do again this year. I will be in the black (with yellow number) miata once again, so if any of you are at one of the events, stop by. I will also be doing the council events (first heat), and it looks like the MSCW MAX 18 doesn't conflict so I will probably do that too! All totaled there are 20 events, counting practice days, national / prosolo and MAX18.

Steve Brown
'94 miata CS/SM2
'05 elise saffron / touring / LSS / LSD
#53 @ Criswell

·
Registered
340 Posts
I got my call today. 2 dropped out, so I am #30 now. Chrome Orange, LSS, Touring, Hardtop. No idea when it will arrive.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I'm in Northern Virginia also. Vienna/Reston area. Mostly into motorcycles but have been lusting after an Elise for a while now. Anyone know what the delivery time is for those at the end of the list at Crisswell?

thanks,
Hugh

·
Registered
364 Posts
cranium said:
Gaithersburg, MD....Criswell is right down the street from my house. I am #133 there! (#32 in CT)
any word when Criswell will have a Elise in the shop. It will be a while before I can purchas one - but would love to see one.
John

1 - 20 of 102 Posts