The Lotus Cars Community banner

41 - 60 of 102 Posts

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
Hey scot,

It's going pretty well, other than being without a track car for the moment.:(

As you know, I sold the RX-7 to a local guy who already had a 3rd gen. I still get to visit it once in a while.

Ah well, I needed to learn patience anyway...

ed

·
Registered
446 Posts
EdHahn said:
Another Reston resident here. I had an RX-7 prior to this - maybe you saw it (green w/ yellow rollbar). In the triple digits at Criswell.
Jeez - is there anyone around here who didn't have a 3rd Gen RX-7? This is like the who's who of old school rotary locals... Scot, Ed, Howard, next thing you know we'll see JD trying to get into one!

If you want to move up the list Ed I'd recommend calling Curt Brown @ Ascot in PA (412) 741-3300, or my guy Bill Reudgen @ Valenti in CT (860) 274-8846. If you're not in a rush though might as well stick with the local guys.

·
Registered
211 Posts
Hi guys, somehow I missed this thread when it was more active a few weeks ago!

Like Scott, I live in Georgetown. I plan on renting an extra parking spot for my daily driver (Audi S4) and the Lotus will be in the secured parking spot near my condo :)
Oh, and some of my previous cars have been a Porsche 928, M100 Lotus Elan, BMW M3, Toyota MR2...

I called Criswell the day I got my AutoWeek issue that said "IT'S COMING!". To my surprise, the guy (Tom Skinner) anounced that I was #7 in line and congratulated me! I was like, "WHAT?! Who are these 6 other people who dare to be BIGGER Lotus fans than ME?!" ;)

That was over a year ago, maybe even two. I'm totally amazed that there are upwards of 200 people in line behind me.

Alas, I can't afford to keep the car forever, so I plan on enjoying it this Summer and then I gotta let it go in November. I have a feeling #70 in line at one of these dealerships might be interested at that point (I hope!).

I really can't wait to get the car. I hope we can all get together and make the most of our time with our cars!

Looking forward to meeting you guys,

·
Registered
413 Posts
Reston VA sports-car gathering

This is posted elsewhere on the mid-Atlantic forum, but I thought more would possibly see it if posted here as well.

Guys - the NSX club is having a meet/lunch and would like to invite future Elise owners. See below and RSVP to me at: [email protected]

Guys- We will have an NSX gathering with lunch (and possibly karting or a cruise afterwards) on Sunday 7/25 at noon at Reston Town Center. We will have reserved parking for the cars at the Town Center's "main" outdoor lot, bordered by Rio Grande restaurant and Starbucks. At 1pm we have a private room reserved at M&S Grille (the former Angelo & Maxie's steakhouse). The lunch will be followed by indoor karting or a cruise. -Howard Stanton

http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/show...&threadid=35739

·
Registered
178 Posts
There is an autocross tomorrow in the area if anyone is interested. Just let me know and I will post up details.

I'm letting a friend use my boxster, and I will be in my kart! If you are a size 32-34 (maybe up to 36, though it will be tight) and can win my trust, stop by and I will let you take a spin in the kart. I have hard tires on it and can still pull over 2.5gs in the turns!

Scot

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
scot said:
There is an autocross tomorrow in the area if anyone is interested. Just let me know and I will post up details.

I'm letting a friend use my boxster, and I will be in my kart! If you are a size 32-34 (maybe up to 36, though it will be tight) and can win my trust, stop by and I will let you take a spin in the kart. I have hard tires on it and can still pull over 2.5gs in the turns!

Scot
You talking about the one at rosecroft? My datsun will be number 306. If anyone else is going to be there, stop by and we can wistfully talk about next year in the elise. ;)

·
Registered
413 Posts
DC-area meet?

Whenever we could get maybe 6-8 Elises together in the DC area, I'd love to put together a meet/drive somewhere. Perhaps in late Sept. or early Oct. when a few more have been delivered? What do you guys think? Anyone on this board have contacts at the local Lotus club? Tim Allen? I plan on joining soon.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Evl & Scot -

Sorry I missed you guys Sunday - I ran #125 miata. Thats my YNS - look me up at the next event! I will be running Sunday at Fedex in the AM - in SM2. Evl - I presume that was you red 240 I saw - looks sharp!

Steve
'94 Miata
'05 Elise (next order batch)

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
brownsa5 said:
Sorry I missed you guys Sunday - I ran #125 miata. Thats my YNS - look me up at the next event! I will be running Sunday at Fedex in the AM - in SM2. Evl - I presume that was you red 240 I saw - looks sharp!
Yup, that was me... thanks! I'll be there on sunday morning too, as number 12 this time (didn't sign up in time for a subscription :( ). You'll be #28? See you then...

·
Registered
12,374 Posts
Re: Silver Elise spotted in Alexandria

DCNSX said:
A friend of mine spotted a silver Elise in Alexandria last night. Was it anyone here?
Sean lives in Georgetown I think. It could have been his - ST I believe...

Or the Criswell demo - it was silver.

·
Registered
413 Posts
YELOTUS from Reston, VA just got his... you guessed it... yellow Lotus Elise. (pics posted elsewhere). Welcome aboard, YELOTUS. That would be five or six Elise deposit-holders in Reston if everyone is still hanging in there. The place should be positively CRAWLING with Elises in '05. ;)

·
Registered
538 Posts
DCNSX said:
YELOTUS from Reston, VA just got his... you guessed it... yellow Lotus Elise. (pics posted elsewhere). Welcome aboard, YELOTUS. That would be five or six Elise deposit-holders in Reston if everyone is still hanging in there. The place should be positively CRAWLING with Elises in '05. ;)
That's us! :clap: So if there's a guy driving, that's him, and if there's a woman driving, that's me. :D Looking forward to more Elises in the neighborhood!

·
Registered
7,116 Posts
Live in leesburg, work in fairfax. car maybe early '05 i should think, but who knows when or how much....

41 - 60 of 102 Posts