The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've already done a search for Starlight Black, and I cannot seem to find a picture where the color is represented to the point I can see it well.

Anyone have some high resolution pics of Starlight Black on the Exige?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Well, its a forgone conclusion because I've already purchased a Starlight Black Exige, but haven't picked it up yet. I bought sight unseen. I'm sure I'll like it. Picking it up next week.

I was just looking for some crisp high res photos of it in the interim. The problem is, that it seems every picture I see looks different. I'm thinking that it's somewhat like Chrome Orange, and the way it looks changes with the lighting etc. Also a lot of the photos of SB I've seen here have a lot of "noise" in them, so it's hard to tell by the photos.

Thanks all for the help in advance!

·
Registered
11,221 Posts
I'll try to describe it: It is a metallic black. In some lights it can look like a really dark charcoal color. In other lights it can look gold-like as the light reflects off of the metallic flakes.

It's a good color. But it collects pollen really easily and takes no time to start looking filthy :)

Have not seen many Phantom Blacks in person for comparison. Only a couple.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Mine's an Elise, but it's SB

Attachments

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
I'll try to describe it: It is a metallic black. In some lights it can look like a really dark charcoal color. In other lights it can look gold-like as the light reflects off of the metallic flakes.

It's a good color. But it collects pollen really easily and takes no time to start looking filthy :)
That's a very good description :up:

Right about being hard to keep clean............but it does buff up well :D

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
No worries.

Post a picture when yours comes in.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Well, its a forgone conclusion because I've already purchased a Starlight Black Exige, but haven't picked it up yet. I bought sight unseen. I'm sure I'll like it. Picking it up next week.

I was just looking for some crisp high res photos of it in the interim. The problem is, that it seems every picture I see looks different. I'm thinking that it's somewhat like Chrome Orange, and the way it looks changes with the lighting etc. Also a lot of the photos of SB I've seen here have a lot of "noise" in them, so it's hard to tell by the photos.

Thanks all for the help in advance!
Most gorgeous black you'll ever see! Good job!! :clap:

·
Registered
90 Posts
I've already done a search for Starlight Black, and I cannot seem to find a picture where the color is represented to the point I can see it well.

Anyone have some high resolution pics of Starlight Black on the Exige?
72D in Starlight Black. Elise, but SB should be SB.

Attachments

·
Puff Daddy
3,872 Posts
I love starlight black! It's a much more "Lotus-y" color compared to normal black paint :D

It can look dark blue, charcoal, or shiny black depending on the light. Pollen just adds to the metallic look rotfl

1 - 20 of 21 Posts