The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need your help if you are one.... :) I want the bootable Vista SP1 integrated installation DVD that is available there for download as I can't install SP1 standalone package to my PC. Tried it twice, it took one hour to install then it says it failed, and another hour to roll back. So total I spent is 4 hours. Windows Update doesn't list it. So I guess the best way is to fresh installed with an SP1 DVD. I already have my license key, so just need the DVD. I will gladly pay for your inconvinience, DVD media, and postage. And if you are close by, a couple of beers as well ;)

OR if you have the OEM Vista SP1 DVD already, then that should be OK too.

Thanks so much for you help. :)

·
Registered
3,826 Posts
If you are a MSDN subscriber or tech subscriber, all you have to do is login in and down load it, or request another disc.

·
Super Moderator
6,819 Posts
If you have a normal Vista install disk you can also create a new disk (or disk image if that will work for you) that has the SP1 parts upgraded by slipstreaming the SP1 install into the original disk image. Google "Vista SP1 slipstream" and you're sure to find directions.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I remember , if you have other language installed on your Vista, the update might fail.

Good luck.

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If you are a MSDN subscriber or tech subscriber, all you have to do is login in and down load it, or request another disc.

Unfortunately I am not a subscriber :(

If you have a normal Vista install disk you can also create a new disk (or disk image if that will work for you) that has the SP1 parts upgraded by slipstreaming the SP1 install into the original disk image. Google "Vista SP1 slipstream" and you're sure to find directions.
Slipstreaming Vista is not as easy as XP. The original Vista comes with all flavours, but slipstreaming, you have to choose each one of them. I thought about it. Also the other way is to install Vista, install SP1, then image them. Lots of work.

This is to order the standalone SP1, NOT the integrated bootable Vista SP1. I already know about this one. Thanks though.

Here you go: Windows Vista SP1 (download torrent) - TPB

Edit: wtf can't I make that link work. It keeps going to ebay. thepiratebay.org/tor/4044059/Windows_Vista_SP1
I prefer not to d/l via torrent. Who knows what they may have done? Seeding a virus? Or keyboard logger? MD5 might not match.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I got it. Vista with SP1 DVD correct ? Where do you want me to upload to ?

I finally got my MSDN fixed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts