The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that pregnant women often times "nest" in anticipation for a new baby (getting the baby's room and house ready for the new arrival). I have found myself the last several days getting my garage ready for my new Elise.

I've been cleaning it, rearranging things to create more space, looking at heaters, putting up hooks on the walls to hang tools, etc.

Is anybody else "nesting" or is it just me?
:huh:

·
Registered
81 Posts
Yeah, about a month ago I made the room in the garage expecting a May delivery. Swept the floor, rearranged, and discarded. Now the "stuff" is slowly creeping back into the bay. Sounds as though I'll have another couple of months to take back my garage bay from the intruders.

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Guilty as charged

I'm nesting too. I bought "circle track" race deck tiles (www.tuffdeck.com) and laid it down in my garage. I ordered a new Craftsman toolbox and rolling work cart, and I'm buying my Audi mechanic's portable lift.

I am getting ready to move the cabinets from one side of the garage to the other, run new electrical throughout the garage, install three 8-foot flourescent light fixtures and two fixed fixtures to the bottom of the garage door. (So when the garage door is open, it will shed light onto the common driveway in my townhouse complex.) I will be squeezing 3 cars into my two car garage! :rolleyes:

Bob

·
Registered
4,634 Posts
Yep, totally re-did the garage last month, in preparation.

Now, the waiting continues............:huh:

·
Registered
592 Posts
My wife and I keep trying to come up with a garage solution, but to no avail (no room to expand our 2 car garage). Looks like my M3 will sit out in the summer and I will look for "off-site" parking for the Elise in the winter.

So I have made up for it by upgrading my V1 to the latest spec, buying some Puma Speed Cats and another pair of Maui Jim sunglasses. I need the car more than the garage!

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
No nesting but I vomit every morning in anticipation thinking about the car - does hurling count?

·
Registered
2,344 Posts
I moved from an apartment to a townhouse with a garage, specifically so I wouldn't have to keep the car outside. I've got vinyl dealer type signs hanging up on the walls and I plan to put some vintage racing pics up, too. I'm planning on putting two stripes horizontally on the walls (green & yellow) and use stencils to add LOTUS. Sometimes I just stand in the garage and look at the empty space and try to imagine what the Elise will look like parked there. sigh.

Cade

·
Registered
645 Posts
^me too! i thought i was just crazy.

·
Registered
724 Posts
i have actually cleaned out (my half of garage) twice now, i made kids move all their junk to work shed and got wife parking both cars in other half of garage thinking "it cant be long now". all the stuff eventually migrates back. i wont do 3rd cleaning till i actually get "the call"

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
This is the main thing I did the last weekend. Cleaned the garage out. Funny, because I told someone last Saturday I think I am nesting.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Ok, so I sold my near-perfect 914 2.0 when I moved to this garage-less house 3yrs ago, because I wouldn't be able to keep it dry (no way to make that baby water-proof).
But, for my upcoming Elise I am seriously considering excavating the back slope of the house (facing the alley) to put in a 1.75 car garage (1 for the car .75 for support gear ;-)

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
I gave my garage floor another coat of garage floor paint, since my old car that I am getting rid of leaks a bit, and then put down a tarp so that I can drive unto it and keep the floor clean.

Also painted my walls Lotus Yellow, and will paint the trim Lotus Green, and ordered some wall posters and got some green vinyl fence lattice trim edging from Lowes and will make frames out of it for the posters and have them go along the side wall.

I put wire Closemaid shelves up along the front walls and am looking for green and yellow storage bins that I can put on the shelves.

On the other side wall I want to paint a Lotus Emblem, or maybe do the thing that someone posted about a rastorblaster that makes giant murals out of regular photos.

Was thinking about painting my water heater & washer-dryer yellow and green, but that may be overdoing it!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts