The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a kid on my website who likes to use arabic in his posts etc. He knows noone there knows what he's saying and I sometimes wonder what he's saying.

This is his user text currently,

ﺷﺵﻗشحلحשאلكعگשאچپ

does ANYONE know what that says? or if its even arabic at all?

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
that site makes you register.

Any ideas if you're a member, what that says?
I know it does, I just found it in google.

I guess you will have to start typing...but do you want to-eek-

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I setup an account but the site does funky things to the browser on my laptop. I'll try on the PC upstairs after I've had enough coffee to become mobile.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks I appreciate it!

Yeah I want to know because I own the site and this person has tried to "get by" with things before. I guess its moot if noone can understand it, but *I* want to know for my own benefit if that makes any sense.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
What a crap-tastic web page. After about ten tries, I finally got the whole thing to load and work. But I use the word "work" in a very loose sense. For the translation, it returned about five lines of crazy, ascii-like garbage. Sorry.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yeah it did that to me too. Oh well :(
Thanks for trying for me!

ANyone here speak arabic? I know somoene in all the infinite wisdom we have here on Elisetalk can translate this!!!

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh and as I registered for that website I was thinking...now Im probably on some terrorist watch list. :eek:

·
Registered
2,955 Posts
OneFastMiata said:
Oh and as I registered for that website I was thinking...now Im probably on some terrorist watch list. :eek:
Now we never get our cars:(

If they are watching OFM and Transio they will think that we are going to drive them in under the barricades at Federal Buildings and use them as car bombs. Yesterday, hiding a camera in the bushes and tommorrow sneakling a car in under the traffic gate to avoid parking fees

We will have to show them that their is no trunk space in order for them to change their minds. But then the government wont believe that the front hood is non-removable and that we must be hiding something under there.

Seriously, it will be funny to see reactions at governmment checkpoints when they tell you to open your hood and your trunk!

"I hear a wierd rattling noise coming from under the front of the car, they must be smuggling midgets in." Take the car to the Lotus dealer and find out what that rattling noise is. When the dealer replys back "TADTS" the goverment investigators will think we are some sort of British terrorist organization with ties to Maleysia.

·
Registered
4,985 Posts
I take back some of the bad things that I said about the online translation site. I suppose it's unreasonable for it to do anything useful with gibberish.

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
Ok, I'm going to disagree with the Farsi speaking people on that board to some extent. I speak, read and write fluent farsi, some words are real words but meaningless in their syntax here.

First of all, both arabic and farsi are read/written from right to left.
First word, enunciated shish means number six in farsi and stake in turkish (i.e. shish kabob, kabob on a stake)

Middle 4 words are gibberish, with the third and fifth being identical.
last and sixth word is 'chap' means left in farsi, i.e. left hand not left behind.

·
Registered
6,301 Posts
transio said:
I don't speak or read Arabic. :) Just in case big brother was wondering. ;)
Then I guess it is okay to post this:D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,270 Posts
It's odd to see Chainy spelled Shainy. Arabic does not have 'P' 'Ch' 'g' as in good and j as in 'bon jour.' So it's alwasy odd to see names spelled and enunciated so differently.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts