The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Have been looking to purchase some new suspension for my S2 Exige. I know in the world of lotus there are Nitron and Quantum. Both are highly regarded. But I have come across potentially another alternative. GAZ monotubes.

Curious to know if anyone on this board are using these coilovers on their lotus? Not much info on them overall except the usual Nitron is the best and all else is crap. Not really interested to hear about brand loyalty. I want to hear/learn from people who actually run these coilovers and can give real world feedback.

Just want to explore all avenues before going out to buy the 'Nitrons'.

Lotus Elise / Exige Gaz Gold Monotube Suspension Kit [Gaz Mono] - £990.00 : Gaz Coilovers. Big Discounts, Customisable Gaz Coilovers

·
Registered
2,867 Posts
Actually Ohlins, Moton, JRZ are probably the best. Nitron are definitely up there though.

Sorry I can't comment on these shocks though.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I ran a set a few years back on my Esprit, I had seal failure on one of them with only a few thousand miles use. In my opinion they are economy grade compared to other offerings out there.... standard theory of you get what you pay for...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Those GAZ shocks seem to be built to a similar spec as Nitrons but for the small difference in price why take any chances? I would just go with the Nitrons...

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
There's not much more to say... Nitron's are only marginally more money and are known to be high quality parts. They have done extensive R&D with the Elise platform and are a major supplier of suspensions to race series in the UK running the Exige/Elise. For the difference in cash I wouldn't even give it a second thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts