The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in the process of getting mine installed and getting the Torque 250 tune on it. I know everyone here will say MP62 is inefficient, go Rev300/400 or no cooling means heat soak, but really my car is going to be 99% street use with maybe one day at the track for learning purposes. This whole setup is going to run me about $3500 installed and tuned so I couldn't justify spending an extra $4-6k to go the Rev route.

For those of you who have gone from NA to this exact setup, was it that much faster? I had an F80 M3 that I tuned for +50whp but it didn't feel that much faster. I'm hoping that's because of the car being heavier. I hope the 50hp increase I get on this car will be night and day!!!

Attachments

·
gruntguru
10 Posts
50 hp will be very noticeable. Thats about 26% increase. Much more noticeable will be the much wider power band you get with a positive displacement supercharger - lots more torque from much lower rpm. The 2zz is a very peaky engine in stock NA form.

·
Administrator
5,849 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Exige K24A2 SC
255 Posts
I've driven an NA model and an S240. ~50hp difference. I felt the gains were dramatic.

·
Registered
396 Posts
You won't be blown away imo, but it will feel better when you rev it out. Its a linear powerband so the +50hp is higher in the RPM range at redline. Secondly, the motor is still a 1.8L so compared to the S55 you're still making 75% less torque and won't be punched in the back of the seat. Think of it similar to how Honda went to a 2.2L from a 2.0L in the S2k; you feel torque around town. For what it's worth when I first supercharged my S2000 I gained ~130hp/70tq and thought the car was broken when I first took it out on the street since it didn't feel that much quicker in the lower part of the power band.

·
Registered
325 Posts
It was nigh and day I feel and so does my friend that still has his 2005 NA and rode in my car. Not sure how the Charlie X tune compares to the Torque 250 though.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Lotus Elise
1,900 Posts
I have the same supercharger on mine and love it. I recently installed a cold air intake which extends into the left side scoop. Huge difference in the sound of the engine! The supercharger whine is music to my ears :love: now whereas the OEM filter box was a muffler of the turnes....:mad: . Warning: installing the CAI may be hazardous to you right foot application to the throttle. :LOL:🤣

Reactions: glb and jp223

·
Administrator
5,849 Posts
If you look at my earlier post the link will show you the dyno plot for your tune vs Kantana and if you follow this link you'll see what stock Elise has on the dyno

Baseline Dyno Plots. Post Your Dyno Plots here

You should be able to see hp and torque gains by comparing the plots

1 - 9 of 9 Posts