The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you clicked beyond the title you're at least considering it. :)

I am curious to drive your 2005 Elise with a totally stock brake system but in your opinion has excellent pedal feel. I want to know what I should work towards. My brakes need some work or perhaps they're perfect as-is and I have high standards.

We could meet at the Hunt Valley Cars and Coffee on a Saturday morning (https://www.facebook.com/events/240314176055770/)

PM me if you're willing!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
Too bad. I have a 2006. -poke-

Seriously, the Elise is so light, and so slow :eek:, that your not going to get a huge weight transfer feel of "heavy braking." A few things to consider:

A yearly, at least, brake and clutch flush; they share fluid.

Pad compound, but seriously, stock is fine for the street. I use metallic Ferodos, but only for $ reasons. They are slightly more firm.

On the 2005, I had one, a pedal adjustment can make a big difference (if you haven't done this). Search for the "how to," you need two people and it is PITA, but worth it. The hard part is being upside down in the footwell.

Neither of my two Elises has had a rock hard pedal. My Sport has braided lines which may make a small difference.

Good Luck.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
BTW, the brake pedal pad on the 2005 has three holes to move the pedal left and right. I moved the pedal pad to the right using the adjustment hole for a true race car pedal spacing. The space between the gas and the brake was so close that I had to wear special narrow shoes to drive the car! rotfl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts