The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm buying a stage 2 from another member on the forum and was wondering if anyone local to central NJ could help with the install. I think the actual install shouldn't be too hard but am more concerned with cutting the diffusor. Anyone local done it before and can lend a hand? :clap:

Thanks,

Jack

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
It's a

Attachments

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,687 Posts
I'll bet exarkun1178 can help ya out !

·
Registered
485 Posts
I've never done it before but can stop by to drink your beer :p

Seriously if you need help let me know and I am sure we can work through it together. I have a stage II as well so that helps to measure the diffuser.

Here is the post on the stage II install Stage II install

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
If you need help, tools, ramps, garage, etc., you can contact me. I've not (& would never) install a Stage 2, but it can't be too difficult. Do you need to get another exhaust clamp as I saw here today?

-g

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
Oh yeah, and I have the jig saw I used to cut the diffuser. Came out well, don't try a dremel as people suggested b/c you'll be there all day.

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I've never done it before but can stop by to drink your beer :p

Seriously if you need help let me know and I am sure we can work through it together. I have a stage II as well so that helps to measure the diffuser.

Here is the post on the stage II install Stage II install
In fact, if u buy a case of Guinness, I'm sure NJDrool and I can do the entire job, just name a location and time. And I would be professional and start drinking after the stage II was back on, but not the bottom diffuser. I'll leave that for someone else to put back on.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Haha, you guys are awesome.

Case of beer is no problem! :cool:

Any recommendations where we can meet for this? I assume the place with the tools would make sense? I'm between places right now so don't currently have a garage available =(

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Do you need to get another exhaust clamp as I saw here today?

-g
G, is that question directed to me? Not sure what you mean?

Jack

·
Registered
485 Posts
G, is that question directed to me? Not sure what you mean?

Jack
Yes. I think it was.

Read the install thread. Quoting below:

12. NOTE: OEM exhaust clamp wasn’t used, as it didn’t tighten down enough on Stage 2 exhaust. I bought a Stainless Steel T-clamp (Summit Racing, $5.50) instead.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
i am avaiable for help, pretty easy, let me know when and where. note this sunday peck555 is have a lotus bbq and drive. im sure it would take every little time if we did it then...

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
You shouldn't need a new exhaust clamp, if that's what GLB meant.

I have a garage, and changed my exahaust outside b/c it was nice and no need to do it in the garage. A driveway would work.

Also, you don't need many tools, basic tool kit and the little saw will cover it.

And I would be down to meet up on Saturday afternoon or on Sunday before the BBQ, but looks like there's a chance of rain. With that in mind, anyone wanna meet up somewhere on Sat or Sun before the BBQ and help out.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
macdady2424 -

I'm sending payment for the exhaust today so I may not get the exhaust until sometime early next week.

Will be out of the state next 2 weekends but should have everything ready to go when I get back.

I'll send some PMs to organize time/place. Again, I greatly appreciate everyone's willingness to help out!

Jack

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
sorry, confused.

Does anyone need to use my garage &/or tools? If so, when?

-g

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Do you need to get another exhaust clamp as I saw here today?-g
Yes, you will need a new exhaust clamp if you're replacing the stock exhaust that came with the car. I replaced my stock exhaust with a Stage 2.

The clamp on the stock exhaust is welded on to the pipe and has to be cut off. A Dremmel tool works fine for this. I did that, but then found that the stock clamp was too large in diameter to properly seal the pipes on the new Stage 2.

Also, PB Blaster is your friend. That stuff loosens everything up. Pipes just slid apart after soaking for about 5 minutes.

Good luck, it's not that hard a job. 4 beers should cover it! :D

Regards,
Wayne

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
Yes, what waydui said.

BTW, i got some new rust-killer stuff tim muller recommended and can't wait to try it (see: kid, new toy:wave:).

see the thread about exhaust clamps and notice recommended types of clamps; i use the stainless steel "aircraft" type but don't know if I have one that fits this application as I don't know the size.

-g

·
Premium Member
11,852 Posts
1 - 20 of 49 Posts