The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know Overseas has not delivered many cars but there are other cars around Dallas. Mine is 4-6 weeks out and I would like to hear (and ride in) a car with Stage II before making my decision.

I have no problem with the external noise but I cannot stand interior resonance. There is nothing like your head rattling while you cruise down the highway. I bet this would be amplified with a hardtop and wonder if anyone out there has done both.

I guess that I could just chance it and sell it if I do not like it, but I would rather know going in if possible.

TIA,

jjb

·
Registered
28 Posts
You might talk with a Dr. Cottingham. He has an Elise from Overseas and I think someone said it had the Stage 2 Exhaust. He posts occasionally on this board but I don't know how to get in touch with him. I think several Elises will be at the autocross this weekend at Texas Motor Speedway. Take a look at the Texas Region section of this board for more info.

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
The exhaust is louder than stock as you know. But if you want to judge the sound make sure that about 1000 miles or so has been put on the car since the install. That way you'll here the final tone. The sound changes due to carbon building up on the linings, fibers and so forth.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I have stage II. I have 1300 miles on the car now. Sound has gotten a little deeper. You can pm me to hear sometime, but if you're concerned about being too loud with top on, it really isn't an issue. It gives the car a deeper sound but doesn't rattle you inside.

Andy

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Confused...

your sig line says Stage I but you mention Stage II in your message. Eitehr way, I will buy you a drink if you take me for a ride. I am trying to decide if it is what I want to do. PM me if this works for you. I work in Dallas and line in Plano.

jjb

·
Registered
2005 elise touring ardent red
612 Posts
exhaust

i see that shinoo's quicksilver exhaust has decibel ratings for their exhaust versus stock exhaust making it 2-5 dbl louder than stock depending on rpm's.
does anyone know dbl on the stage 2 exhaust? are these two very similar?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Re: Confused...

jjb said:
your sig line says Stage I but you mention Stage II in your message. Eitehr way, I will buy you a drink if you take me for a ride. I am trying to decide if it is what I want to do. PM me if this works for you. I work in Dallas and line in Plano.

jjb
Sorry hit too many "I". I have stage I.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts