The Lotus Cars Community banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have free time this weekend, amazingly. Would be interested in seeing other people's cars, and showing the Aubergine...anyone interested?

Greg

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Count me in Greg!

Gives me an excuse to detail my car, after all the rain we are getting it's going to need one.

I'm open Sat/Sun since I was planning to drive to get to 1000 miles ;)

Edit: Anywhere is fine with me as well.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Great, hopefully we will get more interest. I hope Stephen can make it with his Noble. My wife would really like to see it.

Greg

·
Registered
252 Posts
ER autocross club has a two day event this weekend at Mineral Wells airport. I'll be there with my MR2 since I don't have my Elise yet. It would be nice to see an Elise or two, or three there. Even if you don't want to do the autocross maybe someone can stop by. It would be nice to meet some of you guys and see your Elises.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
What is the name of that burger joint in Mineral wells? I love those burgers!!!

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Sunday morning I have to interview a new employe. I still have Sat all day and Sunday afternoon open.

So are we going to meet at the Mineral Wells Airport?

·
Registered
252 Posts
Come on guys, let's have a Lotus meet. I want to see your cars!!! Maybe someone would be willing to give a fellow elisetalker and future elise owner a ride.:)

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hi Greg,

Would love to meet up - the weather is supposed to be fabulous!

I can make it Saturday afternoon and early Sunday Afternoon.

Cottingham came to Highland Park Village as it was kind of central to Dallas on a Sunday Afternoon.

Would that be a good place??

Stephen

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey everyone, this is Greg's wife Rachel...

How does Saturday afternoon around 2pm work for everyone? Mineral Wells might be a bit difficult for us carting William around as it shows 2 1/2 hour drive from the house and we'd be bringing two cars...
Highland Park Village...hmmm....great shops...what about the parking situation over there on a Saturday? Would NorthPark seem like a better locale, with larger parking areas?

Let us know what you think, we'd love to do it, and give "Can't Wait for Elise" a ride...(Please note the car is not yet broken in, so it would be a bit of a sissy ride)

Rachel

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
Welcome to the forum Rachel,

NorthPark Center at 2 PM works for me too. That's off 75 between Park Ln and NorthWest Hwy right? I've never been in that area, so I would need more specifics on where to meet.

By reading his previous post I think cantwaitforelise is commited to go to Mineral Wells during the whole weekend, I hope he can come too.

I'm attaching a map of NorthPark:

Attachments

·
Registered
252 Posts
Miguel's right, I'll be autocrossing at that time. If anyone does want to stop by, we'll probably be there from about 8:00 AM until 4-5 PM on both Saturday and Sunday.

I hope you guys have fun, maybe I'll see you next get together.

Rachel, you guys don't happen to be close to Tyler do you? I live close to Tyler. If you don't want to say here, you can PM me.

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
Hi Guys, Rachel here!

Okay, NP at 2pm, we're on. Let's do the NW corner of the parking lot, exit Park Lane and head West about a block. There is a church (maybe?) across from the parking lot. Should be a big open area. We'll be early since I'll take any excuse to go to NP as they have a La Madeleine and we can eat lunch there! I'm sure you won't miss a purple Lotus. If you want to PM us, we can give you our cell number in case anyone gets lost.

Cantwaitforelise,
I hope you enjoy your autocross! We don't live too close to Tyler, but PLEASE...any excuse to drive is a good one. We once drove our Z06 3 hours each way to Louisiana to get a lottery ticket. Maybe we can work something out?? Plus, if you live in Tyler, why not stop by on the way back to Tyler, we're in McKinney and would love to show you the car if you're not too tired.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
cantwaitforelise,

I'll try to get there in the morning, I'll send PM's with my cell #,

Rachel,

2 PM at La Madeleine's parking lot sounds great.

This is where mapquest thnks it is at:

la Madeleine French Bakery & Cafe: 214-696-2398
628 N. Park Center Dallas, TX 75225, US

Attachments

·
Registered
591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes,

La Madeleine is actually inside the mall, and regardless of how hot our cars are, I don't think they'll let us bring them in.

Call on your way to confirm which part of the parking lot, just in case they've got something funky going on at the mall.

Rachel

·
Registered
252 Posts
Miguel,

I PM'd(is that the way you say it?) my cell # to you. Look forward to seeing you at Mineral wells if you can make it.

Rachel,

I might take you up on your offer. The pictures look great, probably looks better in person. I'll have my 12 year old son with me, I know he'll like it. PM me your phone number and I'll call if we can stop by.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I got all the pm's too.

cantwaitforelise, I'll try to get there Sat AM, my car is not broken in yet but it's getting there :)

I'll go from there to Northpark, didn't even know it was a Mall, you know guys and malls usually dont mix :p

I'll call on my way there to get the final word on where in the parking lot we can meet, for now NW part of the parking lot sounds good to me.

Hopefully Cottingham, goes too, his is BRP.

And I'll give a call to Matt he has a black one but he might be working Saturday.

I don't know of any others around, but that will be many different colors if we all can make it.

Aubergine Purple, Starlight Black, Bourdeax Red Pearl, Racing Green and of course the blue Noble :)

I will definetly bring my camera with me.

·
Registered
2,464 Posts
I left Matt a message (Starlight Black Elise) I don't think he hangs in this forum but I told him to check in here. I hope he can go.

I don't know how to get a hold of cottingham other than through here, but he has not post since 9/30.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts