The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone in the area removed/re-installed the rear clam on their Elise? I need to do this soon and was hoping for some instruction/pointers.

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump, also looking for a helping hand if you're mechanically inclined and have some free time to kill a weeknight this week. I'll provide the beer/pizza of course :)

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
download the factory manual and take your time - It is not that big a job, but there are quite a few fastneners and you will have to pull both seats, all rear interior trim, diffuser, battery, rear part of wiring harness. I do not have time to help, as I have way too many projects, including replasing my own rear clam.

·
Registered
98 Posts
rear clam

Just replaced mine, not that hard. Make sure you keep all the stuff you may need from the old clam, like the winshield washer tank braket, the buttons for your carpet etc. One thing I did have a problem with was the foam piece that covers the roll bar inside the car, it will break. Some long extensions and 1/4 drive sockets help for the tight spots. You will also need a rivet gun unless you opt to use nuts and bolts, rivets are much easier.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
I just removed my front clam today, wasn't too bad. Unfortunately I broke my finger in the process and required eight stitches. I'll be happy to help you in a couple of weeks with the rear. ;)

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I just removed my front clam today, wasn't too bad. Unfortunately I broke my finger in the process and required eight stitches. I'll be happy to help you in a couple of weeks with the rear. ;)
Yikes, now you have to tell us how that happened :D I'm talking to the shop about doing the repair on the car so I'll update the thread when we find out the clam has to come off or not. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts