The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

so I'll be doing a big road trip from Alabama to Milwaukee/Chicago to hang out with my friends for the 4th of July weekend. I took a week of leave :D Planning on leaving here 3 July and come back by 10 July.

Shoot me a pm if you would like to grab a few drinks in Chicago and/or Milwaukee. I'll most likely be at both places during the week.

I hope it doesn't rain on the way since I'll have to go super slow with these stock tires :sad:

·
Registered
8,534 Posts
There are a BUNCH of us in Chicago/Milwaukee. We get together for drives regularly and often have 20 plus cars!

Let me make one recommendation for you - Supercar Saturdays on 7/7. It's on Saturday morning - usually starts at 8 and ends around 10:30-11. Lots of great stuff from Lambos to F Cars to Astons to Muscle Cars to Tuners and all things in between. We usually have a pretty big group there - maybe 8-10 plus. The 7/7 event is held in Bolingbrook - SW Suburbs - easily accessible.

You should join us. Check for more details later but we usually meet up across the street around 7:45 and caravan in together.

Supercar Saturdays

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
There are a BUNCH of us in Chicago/Milwaukee. We get together for drives regularly and often have 20 plus cars!

Let me make one recommendation for you - Supercar Saturdays on 7/7. It's on Saturday morning - usually starts at 8 and ends around 10:30-11. Lots of great stuff from Lambos to F Cars to Astons to Muscle Cars to Tuners and all things in between. We usually have a pretty big group there - maybe 8-10 plus. The 7/7 event is held in Bolingbrook - SW Suburbs - easily accessible.

You should join us. Check for more details later but we usually meet up across the street around 7:45 and caravan in together.

Supercar Saturdays

Perfect! I'll definitely let you know if I'll be there.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Milwaukee!

Yea if you do come up to Milwaukee let us know what time.
440 bhp Lotus :huh: I WANT A RIDE

I'll be up in Milwaukee probably starting 4 July. Is there anything going on around there? My friend is a police officer up there :clap:

We can probably caravan down to that car meet in Illinois on Saturday too.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Probably the biggest thing going on in Milwaukee at the time is Summerfest. A BIG outdoor music festival with lots of bands, food, drinking, etc:

Summerfest 2012 | June 27 – July 1, July 3 – 8, 2012 in Milwaukee, WI | The World's Largest Music Festival

But yea I'm doing a little work on the car now (I've been lazy), but it should be all ready to go by the 4th and I'm more than willing to take you for a spin. Unfortunately I have some extended family coming in that weekend so I wont be able to make it to Chicago :(... but I'm sure some others may take you up on the offer.

·
Super Moderator
6,817 Posts
I'm in the Milwaukee area, but unfortunately I'm booked that whole week with work and preparing to move. Have a good trip.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Probably the biggest thing going on in Milwaukee at the time is Summerfest. A BIG outdoor music festival with lots of bands, food, drinking, etc:

Summerfest 2012 | June 27 – July 1, July 3 – 8, 2012 in Milwaukee, WI | The World's Largest Music Festival

But yea I'm doing a little work on the car now (I've been lazy), but it should be all ready to go by the 4th and I'm more than willing to take you for a spin. Unfortunately I have some extended family coming in that weekend so I wont be able to make it to Chicago :(... but I'm sure some others may take you up on the offer.
im out of milwaukee area as well... i could meet up with you guys & would also really like to see DSM's elise (not really for the ride, but more to pick a mind about the swap)

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

I should be in Milwaukee starting July 4th (my friend is getting off work around 3pm). We'll most likely hit up Summerfest on the 6th, since Paul Oakenfold is playing that night.

Otherwise, I'm assuming we're just going to be drinking and such July 4-6. We definitely should get together and go for a drive and then have some dinner/drinks.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Okay... car is washed/waxed and ready to go... unfortunately all those bugs will mean I'll have to wash it again. At least it'll be protected and somewhat easy to remove them.

I am signing out at 4AM and heading up... interestingly I have a friend of mine who's also driving up to Chicago as well. We'll be driving together haha.

Goal is to get there BEFORE the rush hour traffic in Chi-town... but I got a bad feeling about this.

pm me if you'd like to meet up and/or even head down to the supercar saturdays down in IL. I'll send you my phone #.

·
Registered
548 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Meeting up with whatsadsm probably today before summerfest. Let me know if you guys want to join. Also if you want to drive down to Chicago for that supercar meet Saturday morning

1 - 13 of 13 Posts