The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought the Elise yesterday and am now starting to look for a sportier/lighter exhaust. Anyone have one i could listen to?

-Steve

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
offroadr35 said:
I bought the Elise yesterday and am now starting to look for a sportier/lighter exhaust. Anyone have one i could listen to?

-Steve
Hello Steve,

I have the Stage II and I am about 3 miles from Newport European. Let me know if you want to come by.

Patrick

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
Re: Re: Anyone in SoCal have an aftermarket exhaust?

Patricko said:
Hello Steve,

I have the Stage II and I am about 3 miles from Newport European. Let me know if you want to come by.

Patrick
Any sound clips? I would like to compare the sound to the Quick Silver that Shinoo is selling.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I tried to make some but they are pointless. You need to hear it in person:)

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
I am in Huntington Beach.

When do you want to come down for a ride?

Patrick

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Has anyone besides me and MW heard the stage II under a hardtop yet? I'm sorry I didn't know how to use the motion picture portion of my camera that day. I'd have a clip to share if I did.

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
Ancient Wedgie said:
Has anyone besides me and MW heard the stage II under a hardtop yet? I'm sorry I didn't know how to use the motion picture portion of my camera that day. I'd have a clip to share if I did.
ROCKCENTER,

If you want to put your Storm TI Hard Top on my Storm Ti car and hear the Stage II you are more than welcome but it may be easier to just leave the top on my car at that point;)

Patrick

·
Banned
6,941 Posts
Just a tip...make sure you evaluate the tone / loudness when the exhaust has some mileage on it. About 500-1000 or more. While it's less noticeable with bone stock exhausts, louder aftermarket exhausts using fibrous lining, steel wool etc. inside the cans change their sound as soot / carbon builds up on the linings.

·
Registered
2,546 Posts
Stan said:
Just a tip...make sure you evaluate the tone / loudness when the exhaust has some mileage on it. About 500-1000 or more. While it's less noticeable with bone stock exhausts, louder aftermarket exhausts using fibrous lining, steel wool etc. inside the cans change their sound as soot / carbon builds up on the linings.
Is this why all the dogs in the neighborhood run for cover when I am on the cam? :D

·
Registered
6,293 Posts
ROCKCENTER said:
lol - how about I just hear it with the top off ? :)
Sure, let me know what works for you.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts