The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious what the next order group will be? If I recall correctly, I think orders were taken for the first 30 people of each dealership? (40 dealerships, 30 cars = 120 cars to be built?)

Does that mean that the next order group will be for 10 cars from each dealership? Or will Lotus accept more than that? I'm supposedly in the next order group and I'm getting anxious!

Bob

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
rtking said:
I'm curious what the next order group will be? If I recall correctly, I think orders were taken for the first 30 people of each dealership? (40 dealerships, 30 cars = 120 cars to be built?)

Does that mean that the next order group will be for 10 cars from each dealership? Or will Lotus accept more than that? I'm supposedly in the next order group and I'm getting anxious!

Bob
Well, 30 X 40 = 1200 not 120. Also, I don't believe that all of the dealerships have 30 orders in already. I think that Aaron at AutoEurope told me that they sent in 20 and don't know how many Lotus will ask for in their next batch. He said "10 or 15 or 20 probably." Sounds a whole lot like "I don't know" to me anyway...

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Originally posted by NMRjock:
Well, 30 X 40 = 1200 not 120.
Did I mention that I'm an Asian who can't do math? :p

I'm also not clear on what orders have been placed yet, but I'm guessing I won't be able to place my order until August and I probably won't see my Elise until February/March, 2005. Does that sound about right?

Bob

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi Mikester. Yup, I'm with Newport European. Good communicatoin from them, but they're kind-of guessing as to when the next orders might be taken and when delivery might be. I guess it's a bit difficult for everyone since there aren't a lot of hard numbers (in terms of delivery dates and quantity) yet...

Bob

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
rtking said:
Did I mention that I'm an Asian who can't do math? :p

I'm also not clear on what orders have been placed yet, but I'm guessing I won't be able to place my order until August and I probably won't see my Elise until February/March, 2005. Does that sound about right?

Bob
I'm #36 at AutoEurope and that's about when he guessed that I'd get mine (unless Chris' is delayed, then I've got to go stalk a thin balding guy all over Hot-lanta).

·
Registered
218 Posts
MAG cut their deposits off at 40. They said that's all they were getting for the '05 model year.

Edit- I'm in the next order group but have yet to be called to finalize my options.

·
Registered
3,577 Posts
GMorel1916 said:
MAG cut their deposits off at 40. They said that's all they were getting for the '05 model year.
Wow. You got in just under the wire. Congrats!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Yeah, I barely got it. I had them hold the spot for 2 days. They sold #40 and had several calls right after I had them hold it.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I'm now #65 at my dealership. I spoke to them today and they will have a few demos by September along with one or two customer cars ready. They said my order would be in around MAY OF 2006 for #65... WOW... They keep shifting that date further and further as they talk to the folks from Atlanta. They are very honest so I appreciate them giving me reality instead of some BS... I HAVE TWO MORE YEARS TILL MY CAR COMES IN!!! I'll enjoy my NSX while I wait....

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
not my dealer. I'm #28 and waiting to order. No word from Lotus as to when my dealer will be asked for #21-#30.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
shay2nak said:
not my dealer. I'm #28 and waiting to order. No word from Lotus as to when my dealer will be asked for #21-#30.
I'm somewhere between #25 - #30 at my dealer and my order has already been placed.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Johnny B said:
I'm somewhere between #25 - #30 at my dealer and my order has already been placed.
My dealership said they will only contact people on the list to test drive there demo car. They told me they will NOT raise expectations in order to let them down after. They said enough people are giving promises they can not keep. They mentioned that less then 15 people would be recieving their cars before the year is out. They mentioned that this is the reality of things...

·
Registered
178 Posts
MAG

Shortly before I made my deposit with MAG last year, I was told I would be about 20th. I never asked for a specific number, but placed my order 1 March. I haven't asked about my car since, but am confident my salesman will notify me when information is available.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Re: MAG

Less Moore said:
Shortly before I made my deposit with MAG last year, I was told I would be about 20th. I never asked for a specific number, but placed my order 1 March. I haven't asked about my car since, but am confident my salesman will notify me when information is available.
When did you place your deposit?

·
shay2nak
25,068 Posts
Johnny B said:
my dealer is one of the newest Lotus dealers, so I guess it'll be soon to place my order. I'd rather drive the car and check it out in person before I actually commit to an order. I know what packages/options i want, but still not sure about the color.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
shay2nak said:
my dealer is one of the newest Lotus dealers, so I guess it'll be soon to place my order. I'd rather drive the car and check it out in person before I actually commit to an order. I know what packages/options i want, but still not sure about the color.
Yeah, it was tough choosing my color choice without seeing it in person. Granted, I have the color chart, but it isn't the same.

I went with BRP/Touring Biscuit.

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
From PSC site -

kestrel74 writes -

# 34 in Detroit............ they seem to think Sept or Oct. Took my Options last week for the order ( Chrome Orange / Black / Touring

·
Registered
543 Posts
we ordered the colors/options in march, and are in the mid-20s on the list. 'were originally told 4th qtr, but with the delays, and they are only getting 3 per month, it looks like jan/feb '05. atleast we're getting the hardtop with the winter rides (only if the roads are clean of course). if it's snowy when the car arrives, i'll pay extra to enclosed-trailor her to our warm & dry garage!!!

definitely worth the wait ...

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
nxm150 said:
From PSC site -

kestrel74 writes -

# 34 in Detroit............ they seem to think Sept or Oct. Took my Options last week for the order ( Chrome Orange / Black / Touring
Sounds optimistic, but maybe they are getting a very large allocation.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts