The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I may be coming down in a week or two to stripe a couple cars for the local dealer. Anyone in the area that may have a couch to crash out on and a safe spot for my orange car for a couple days? :bow:
I promise not to axe murder you in your sleep.

·
www.theapexinn.com
11,688 Posts

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
He prefers to do it while you're awake and screaming !!! :panic:-eek-
"I prefer to die a quiet peaceful death in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming like all the passengers in his car" rotfl

Does anybody between here (here being Altanta) and there need a car striped or clear bra installed on anything? I can just make a tour out of it.

·
Registered
2,600 Posts
PM sent.

·
Registered
2,355 Posts
If you can't find accommodations hit me up Keith! Spare room and it comes with a Jack Russel named Maggie - Whenever I have company that cheating little whore tries to sleep in the spare room with them! I am so ashamed :)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Many thanks guys! As soon as I'm able to catch up here on the mail order stuff and the couple local cars I need to take care of, I'll let you know when I may be in the area. I'm guessing in about 2 weeks right now.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
I should have the garage cleaned out by then. If the others opps don't work out..spare room with an airbed and a few nice cats, too.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Ditto - I have space

Q

·
0 Posts
I'll be gone from the 25th-30th, but you are welcome here when I am back. I have an empty garage bay and I'm near the Orlando airport.

Q

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Trying to get caught up on my last few orders to get out the door, errands, and looking at my car, but if I can make it happen the plan is to try possible hit the road and start heading down either late Tuesday night or very early Wed morning and go to the dealer for of a day of working on the cars.

You guys are a hospitable group. Like 5 of you offered up a couch, bed, or air mattress when I started this thread. I know a couple had other guests in town certain dates or were going to be out of town on certain ones. Some PM'ed me here or on e-mail but all have been long buried by other messages.

Do any of you still have a spot over any of the nights Wed-possibly Sat. I don't want to wear out my welcome anywhere so I'm happy to move on after a night as to not impose, and would be cool to be able to meet up with the rest of you on some evening.

If anyone wants stripes, clearbra or something done this weekend I may be able to squeeze you in yet on Sat or maybe Sun (but I do have to be home Monday to do a Porsche here) but I would need notice by tonight or tomorrow morning and payment for the materials so I could make them up tomorrow.

My inbox fills up fast here so if you want a guest this week or an install please e-mail me at [email protected]

THANKS!

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I have an empty garage bay and I'm near the Orlando airport.
It would be hard to pass up the offer to sleep in Qball's garage. I've seen pics, it's a VERY nice garage. :D

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, well I've slept in (a not so nice) garage before. lol. It's been a while.

Just got home and thanks again guys for extending your hospitality. Looks like I have a place lined up. I hear there is a meet on Wed night for the locals, so hopefully I'm able to make it and will run into some of you there. And if any of you that offered a place are ever in Atlanta- you've got a place to stay as well. :)

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So the plan is to try and leave at like 2:00 or 3:00 AM tonight and head down to be at the dealer sometime in the morning. They close at 6:00 so I'll see you guys at "The Shop" tomorrow night.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'm still down here and working on another car starting tomorrow morn. I'll be at the dealer to closing so if you are in the area stop by and say hi.
It's been really cool meeting the locals so far, and the guys that work at the dealer are all cool. I may be there a little bit on Sat as well.

I do have an extra stripe kit with me if anyone decides last minute they need an Elise striped. (have black and graphite, not sure which one the dealer is going to decide on for the yellow car)

Probably won't be by the computer much but if anyone wants to get in touch, my cell is 770-530-8626

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Let's line up a few cars to do, and I'll come up to NY. Would be fun times.

·
Registered
424 Posts
What dealer are you at - might stop by on my way out of town.

·
Banned
7,592 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
What dealer are you at - might stop by on my way out of town.
Aston Martin/Lotus of Orlando. They just picked up the Lotus franchise. I'll be there an hour or two tomorrow morning. Come by and say Hi. The guys there are really cool. The owner has a Caterham and was out driving it today. Cool enthusiast and chatted with me a bit today about cars and Lotus. The GM is a real nice guy and told me to go take the Aston DBS out today. Holy crap. I'm still giddy like a school girl. Just give me a shout in the morning and swing by. 770-530-8626.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts