The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering how long it takes to recieve items from p.u.k. I purchased a stage #2 chip from the website using paypal. my total was like 513 usd and have not got a email from anyone. this monday will be two weeks.... should i be worried. I bought bov and silicone tees off the internet and got confermation # and email stating when they will be shipped. Has anyone has a simular problem.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
PUK

I have bought some stuff from Marcus - some tranny oil (before I started using MT90) and polyurethane suspension bushings. Not to worry - your stuff will get to you. But my experience is that shipping is slow. I don't know if it is Marcus or the German postal system, I have heard that the German postal system is very precise, but as a consequence rather slow. Also anytime you get something from overseas it has to go through customs - 90% of the time the delay is in processing at customs. But PUK is a completely legitimate and quality business.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you, i have owned my 2000 esprit for about 4 months and i have never ordered anything from half way around the world...i just worry about $500 taking out of my account and not getting an email or anything.

·
Registered
284 Posts
Bought lots of stuff from PUK.
Marcus is AOK. Never had a problem.
I get the impression that stuff gets hung up in US customs more than anything.

·
Registered
576 Posts
I have bought several things from Markus including a 4cyl chip. You shouldn't worry, but he seems slower than some of the other suppliers out of Europe. I have been happy with his service and quality otherwise, and he is usually not that slow to respond. Seems to take at least 3-4 weeks to get stuff, and has been longer.

Randy

·
Registered
743 Posts
mARCUS IS A GOOD GUY!!
HE'S PROMPT like JEFF JAE ------and they will help & give you some advice (buy or you don't buy).

·
Registered
49 Posts
I was wondering how long it takes to recieve items from p.u.k. I purchased a stage #2 chip from the website using paypal. my total was like 513 usd and have not got a email from anyone. this monday will be two weeks.... should i be worried. I bought bov and silicone tees off the internet and got confermation # and email stating when they will be shipped. Has anyone has a simular problem.
Call me old fashioned, but when ever I need information from suppliers and email doesn't get answered, I pick up the phone and talk to them. That way you get an immediate answer to your question, and it doesn't cost much. just remember the time zones.

·
Registered
724 Posts
It's been a while, but I have ordered from Puk too. Suspension kit, clutch, and maybe some gear oil. Everything worked out fine at the time, but recently some things that I have ordered from various overseas sellers have taken a really long time to get here.

·
Registered
320 Posts
I get car stuff sent from England and the EU alot, 3 weeks to a month is the norm for it to get here, but have got things as fast as a week which is the exception.

Even Australia/New Zealand takes about a month.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I recently ordered springs and dampers from P.U.K and whilst it took a fairly long time (1 month) i got everything ordered. P.U.K is an honest, legitimate company and Marcus is a class guy. I have a friend who has ordered from them with zero problems. You have nothing to worry about.

·
Banned
1,594 Posts

·
Registered
320 Posts
While Marcus Freudhofer is maybe a class guy, his professionalism and promptness are lacking.

My first order, commmon instock K&N filters for an Esprit, took three weeks to arrive air mail!!

Second, and last, order was for un upgraded ECU. He provided a turnaround quote prior to me disabling my vehicle and sending the ECM to Germany. He said 1 to 2 day turn around with air mail return. So, I disconnected my ECM on a Sunday, shipped it air mail on Monday and it arrived at his shop on Wednesday morning; 2 days confirmed by tracking code.
A week went by, waited until following Wednesday before requesting an update and he finally responded to my third email tersely with no sense of urgency, even though he had my ECU in his hands for seven days, going on eight. He said everything was fine, no problems, I'll send you a tracking number when it's ready to go. Go? It should have already went 6 or 5 days before and he was not all apologetic and did not bother to explain the reason for the hold up. I sent another email explaining I paid a large premium to have the ECU delivered to Germany second day air and I requested an exact shipping departure date. That was three days ago and I've not heard anything.

Now he may be a grand guy; but his focus on running an efficient, customer service business is lacking. No way would I risk another Euro with this guy.

His prices are very high, especially considering the non customer service; can't even get him to talk to you, or if you luck out and do reach him, expect vague descriptions of progress, no apologies, vague prediction of future progress.

Sorely disappointed ... Lesson, use state-side vendors.

From the looks of things, my car will be on the "blocks" for 5, 6, 7... Who knows how many weeks for a simple firmware upgrade which I could have had done at Lotus Lawrenceville in one day.

·
Registered
743 Posts
While Marcus Freudhofer is maybe a class guy, his professionalism and promptness are lacking.

My first order, commmon instock K&N filters for an Esprit, took three weeks to arrive air mail!!

Second, and last, order was for un upgraded ECU. He provided a turnaround quote prior to me disabling my vehicle and sending the ECM to Germany. He said 1 to 2 day turn around with air mail return. So, I disconnected my ECM on a Sunday, shipped it air mail on Monday and it arrived at his shop on Wednesday morning; 2 days confirmed by tracking code.
A week went by, waited until following Wednesday before requesting an update and he finally responded to my third email tersely with no sense of urgency, even though he had my ECU in his hands for seven days, going on eight. He said everything was fine, no problems, I'll send you a tracking number when it's ready to go. Go? It should have already went 6 or 5 days before and he was not all apologetic and did not bother to explain the reason for the hold up. I sent another email explaining I paid a large premium to have the ECU delivered to Germany second day air and I requested an exact shipping departure date. That was three days ago and I've not heard anything.

Now he may be a grand guy; but his focus on running an efficient, customer service business is lacking. No way would I risk another Euro with this guy.

His prices are very high, especially considering the non customer service; can't even get him to talk to you, or if you luck out and do reach him, expect vague descriptions of progress, no apologies, vague prediction of future progress.

Sorely disappointed ... Lesson, use state-side vendors.

From the looks of things, my car will be on the "blocks" for 5, 6, 7... Who knows how many weeks for a simple firmware upgrade which I could have had done at Lotus Lawrenceville in one day.

lET'S BE FAIR !
less and less lotus parts seller out there. if you take Marcus out of the equation because of his late delivery, its a small problem to pay than a seller who does not deliver the goods at all.
There are 3 ways in delivery - the sender - the recipient - and the FEDEX - you have no control on the third.

Your are describing the seller so bad that will cost him his business. If his prices are high, you are not force to buy it.
Just wait 'till Marcus gets out of business, you will find the Lotus parts prices doubled.

·
Registered
743 Posts
I have to be very careful judging any Lotus part seller or garages. In my opinion,
you only nail a guy who took your money for a ride, scammer or who did not deliver the promise goods.
Anything beyond that is secondary. They depend on their business like we do.
They did a lot of research & sourcing for us - I'm sure he has other job besides selling lotus parts 'cause he will not survive just tending Lotus parts.
Marcus is like Jeff (JAE) ask them a question and they will not hesitate to help.

Your car & mine is almost 14 years old, how much more these people can survive just selling specialty parts??

·
Premium Member
454 Posts
Sanj did my memcal reprogram. It was in and out of his hands in the same day. No one makes a living off this process, there is not enough business. He and I discussed when it would be good for his schedule, I shipped it to him at that time.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I just recieved my chips from p.u.k. the problem was with usps... marcus was great to answer any q's i have had. The reason i did not use the company that marcus sugests to install my chips is because i live about a mile from a company that has been is business for years and all the do is build boards. I lucked out because the plant manager lives 5 houses down from me. I am taking my computer out tonight and taking it to him. He said he would have it done in a half hour. I live in central illinois so if anybody wants the companys number i will have to ask him tonight if he will do more that mine... plus i will let you know how much they charge!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I just took my ecu to my neighbor and he said he is doing it for free but he could prob charge around $100-$150 for any one else that wants this done...I have no idea what the other company that marcus reccomends would charge.

·
Premium Member
590 Posts
I am still waiting for shipment notice. I understand what you are saying about transport delays, however this ECU is still in the hands of PUK; it's not been shipped eleven days after he has received it; that's not due to UPS or Fedex. My original post was attempting to express the time-frame is not commensurate with the price of product; I apologize for the heat of the original "flame post".
No response to emails. I did some research and came upon a thread on the lotus forums where Marcus was permanently banned from the site for knowingly selling defective components that potentially had catastrophic results... Bad impellers. He was warned to either cease advertising them or at least clearly give warnings of known issues. Now I see two years later, he's still peddling the same dangerous component.

http://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/25356-ceobibs-should-be-neutral/

1 - 20 of 27 Posts