The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i've seen them mounted behind the seats, as well as to the "footrest" in the passenger footwell. Wasn't sure if there were any other good places to mount a small-ish extinguisher or not.

:)

·
Forum Founder
29,081 Posts
Just in case, we should differentiate footrest meaning.

One should not attach a bottle to the removable footrest in the passenger compartment. That is velcroed in. The bottle should attach to the ribbed aluminum extrusion in front of the passenger's seat.

I think behind the driver's seat is a bad idea since you can't reach it in the car. And there is not enough room behind the passenger seat. I think the only safe place is the passenger footwell.

I intend of mounting one, I have not yet.

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry ... I should have said "footwell". Footrest is something i need at my desk. ;)

I planned on mounting mine where all of the racetrack-going Exiges I've seen have their central-fire-suppression systems located ... right in front of the passenger seat.

I didn't mean "behind hte drivers seat", but more like "behind the drivers seat, between the two seats. Where I would assume the cupholder-gizmo is located. I believe there is a package tray of sorts there as well.

I've been contemplating the use of a central suppression system - I still have one left over from a previous car. I just don't know how bad it will hamper entry/exit on the passenger side. I have a feeling that the car is going to be difficult enough to get in for passengers anyway.

·
Registered
3,684 Posts
a friend of mine recently parked his open convertible in a parking lot and went inside only to return to the car an hour later to discover that some moron had discharged the floor mounted extinguisher all over the inside of the car. some people!

·
Forum Mop
612 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LotusLust said:
a friend of mine recently parked his open convertible in a parking lot and went inside only to return to the car an hour later to discover that some moron had discharged the floor mounted extinguisher all over the inside of the car. some people!
i have one in my jeep on one of the rollbars, and it happened to me a long time ago. luckily, i don't have carpet in it, so all i had to do was hose it out. ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts