The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've always wanted to learn how to play poker... If some of you would like to come teach me, I'd be happy to host a game Saturday night. Depending on interest, we could either do a Hold 'em tournament, or just play dealer's choice. I'm on the back side of Mission Viejo, so we could even preface the game with a little canyon drive, just to make it more Lotusy.

Those interested in atteding the first ever Lotus Orange County Poker school
Me
ZJChaser
AlexanderTG4
Lapthis
DMBrown34

1 or 2 more and I'd say we have a game.

Just so we're clear, I was being a bit facetious and have played poker occasionally. I don't have a professional poker table, but I do have plenty of chips. If we end up with 5-7 people, I'd say we do dealer's choice. If it's more people than that, then a friendly tournament probably makes more sense (which, in my experience, often leads to a dealer's choice game as people are eliminated).

·
Banned
3,227 Posts
If you want to do it in San Diego, I will volunteer my house. I have a 10 person professional poker table. I will be happy to teach as well.

AJP-not heading to London till July. Will be in London July 2008-August 2009.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Orange county is centrally located between San Diego and LA, so if I host, everybody can come...

·
Not the admin anymore
11,953 Posts
I'm not sure I'd play for money against the person that taught me how to play. I'd always be skeptical that they didn't teach me quite everything. :D

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
If you want to do it in San Diego, I will volunteer my house. I have a 10 person professional poker table. I will be happy to teach as well.
Hmmm...playing poker with a guy named loanshark at his house on his 10 person professional poker table....hmmm....

Sounds good to me, but I am in Texas!

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
are people (who aren't from Illinois or Texas) intereseted in adding on a drive, or just playing some cards?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Hmmm...playing poker with a guy named loanshark at his house on his 10 person professional poker table....hmmm....

Sounds good to me, but I am in Texas!

Hahahaha....

As long as its friendly (buy ins would not be big enough for a guy named loan shark to be interested in playing for hours to take everyone's money) I'll be there.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We'll keep it friendly. For a home game I usually do $20.00 buy in with .25, .50 and 1.00 chip values. Tournaments we usually do a $50 or $60 buy in. I'm open to input.

·
Registered
952 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Looks like we have enough for a game. I'll send out PMs tomorrow with address and directions.

From palatine, take Palatine Road E to 294 South to 80 W to 76 S to 70 W to 15 S to 91 W to 55 S to 5 S...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts