CF Cover for front dash

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Currently, the instrument cowling CF Cover is ready. But the Air Vents Covers and the Fascia Cover is under going or may not.

So would like to post this Pull to see whether I should go ahead or not :confused:

Instrument Cowling Cover:

Air Vents Cover:

·
Registered
905 Posts
I would like the air vent covers but would probably prefer the cowling replacement rather than a cover unless the lip where it connects to the lower portion is very thin

·
Registered
905 Posts
In that case I might be interested in the cover as I believe you priced it to me at about half the cost of the replacement binnacle

·
Registered
436 Posts
Wouldn't the steering cowling need to be CF for the full instrument cowling to look right?

Is there a way to keep the "dotted" wings on the instrument cowling original and replace the rest of the instrument cowling in CF? I'd prefer the dash to match oem with the rest in CF.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Wouldn't the steering cowling need to be CF for the full instrument cowling to look right?

Is there a way to keep the "dotted" wings on the instrument cowling original and replace the rest of the instrument cowling in CF? I'd prefer the dash to match oem with the rest in CF.
Not at this factory, may need a very expensive set of compression mould.

I have CF steering column replacement. With this on, the only OEM part you will see is the black part that surround the dials.

If face, a LT member has ordered all dash parts in CF.

·
Registered
905 Posts
Either in Matte CF/glass?

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yeah... I'm not crazy about covers either. I've been interested in these for a while... but as full pieces.

I think I want to wait until I get all my GB cf installed and decide what direction to go with additional cf.

·
Registered
6,222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I like them, but not as covers. I just don't want to commit to buy anything at this time.
Don't need to buy. Just want your opinion.

The original cowling consist 3 different parts:
1. The top dome piece;
2. The bottom and side wings;
3. A square C shape bracket under the dome.

So, less than 1 min job instead of 1 to 3 hrs replacement job, and the out look is the same. why not?

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
Would be cheaper to just do a "carbon fiber" vinyl wrap if all you want is the look of CF. Full on housings, not covers I think would have more people interested.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts