The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Another club NOTFWD (of which some of you are members too) is planning on bringing a small contingent of vehicles to the 150th anniversary of North Elementary School in Villa Park, IL on Friday April 18th, 2008.

Here's the school's website:
http://www.d45.dupage.k12.il.us/mainframes/indexno.htm

Here is an aerial view of the school, the show will either be on the grass to the north (dry ground is a requirement) else we'll be in the concrete lot.

If any of you can spare a Friday for the kids let us know, I'm sure they'd love to see some of LotusTalk's rides.

When : Friday April 18th, 2008
Roll in time? 12:30PM
Roll out time? Sometime after 4PM
Where: 150 W Sunset Ave Villa Park, IL 60181

I know seeing nice cars as a kid made me into a gearhead

If you're interested post up here, if you're interested and a member at the other club here's the link directly to the discussion thread there, so far we've got a count of 8 cars/attendees already and 2 possible:

http://forums.notfwd.com/index.php?showtopic=1257

We've also invited the local Porsche guys too.

Thanks!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Morning bump :) There are already 2 local Porsche folks asking about this, surely we have some philanthropic Lotus folks looking for an excuse to play hookie from work on a Friday :D

·
Registered
413 Posts
I'd love to make the drive but I have to work for the man. :sad:

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No problem :) thanks for looking, that would be a serious drive for you!

·
Registered
7,708 Posts
id love to phlyp, but some of us peons have to work to pay for all this stuff we cant really afford!
see ya around though im sure.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Whatever Mike! LOL! Sign me up to be a peon if it means I can get the kind of toys you've got :p

Heheh definitely look forward to hanging out this season!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
^^^ Very cool of you for even offering, I know it's a haul for you man!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Bump. 1 week away.

We're going to Portillo's in Villa Park for an early lunch and then heading over :p We've got a headcount of 10 various NOTFWDs so far.

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Got the plans all laid out over at NOTFWD:
http://forums.notfwd.com/index.php?showtopic=1257 (sorry registration required, we try to avoid random clowns at our general meets by requiring at least this)

A few of us are heading to an early lunch at Portillo's too.

We're looking at 10-12 cars so far.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Porsche guys ?

Hi. Did the 'Porsche guys' come through? I'm a PCA club member and hadn't heard anything about it --found this thread by accident. I can be there with a Boxster. I can try and scare up a few other Pcar guys as well.
Rgrds,
john m -Elmhurst

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I will go if my replacement back panel arrives in time for me to put my car back together.
Chuck very cool of you, hope you get it back together in time! :)

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hi. Did the 'Porsche guys' come through? I'm a PCA club member and hadn't heard anything about it --found this thread by accident. I can be there with a Boxster. I can try and scare up a few other Pcar guys as well.
Rgrds,
john m -Elmhurst
John:

Thank you for offering, I posted this up over at 6speed and 2 guys did ask about it, but afterwards nada?! :(

·
Registered
438 Posts
>>Thank you for offering, I posted this up over at 6speed and 2 guys did ask about it, but afterwards nada?!

:shrug:
Some are like that.
Weather shows 40% chance of rain ---I'll go regardless (as long as it isn't canceled, that is). A friend with a Boxster might also go, if he's back in time (returning from out of town late Thurs).... although his is a Garage queen and he'd prob bail if it's raining.

I'm hoping to spend some up close time with the Elise's ----possibly adding one to my garage in the future.

Rgrds,
john m - Elmhurst

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
^^^ Well this is looking grim, the weather is predicting a 40% chance of thunderstorms. (Weather.com) let's hope that that's for the early AM only. WGN weather is making it seem as though thursday night may be rough, along with early friday (e.g. before daybreak) AM, but that it should be nicer later.

Here's AccuWeather's take:
http://www.accuweather.com/forecast-details.asp?partner=accuweather&traveler=0&zipChg=1&zipcode=60181&metric=0&fday=4

Thanks by the way for your interest in joining along and bringing a friend! If you're really interested in seeing the cars up close, go for a test drive (we'll be really close to FVMC)..... warning... you may leave with a new car though :)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts