The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So... we're looking at becoming a Hoosier dealer. We'd carry the full line of tires and they have a couple different buy ins so we're trying to gauge interest. How many of you would be interested in buying your tires locally? Pricing would be very competitive.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I'd have to get you to put in a new oil pan before I go to Hoosier's and then I'd need a trailer to get the car to the track... So not me? But maybe?

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
Want, sure.

Will buy, that's the maybe...

You going down to HHR tomorrow?

·
Registered
842 Posts
I'm interested. Please order a bunch for me and put them on Rich's account. I've already got the oil pan and trailer issues resolved.

·
Registered
709 Posts
I'll take some too. Please put them on Rich's account also. I don't have any oil pan issues unless I drive the slower car.

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
ok so...

one set for scott and another for dustin

then one for jamie's miata and one for the exige

let's just call it an even $5000 rich. :D

seriously though... i'm not running tomorrow. summer events are just too much for me, i don't deal with heat well at all. i still think my favorite event was that one at cresson in december a couple years ago when it was in the 30's! i might come down and say hi though.

·
Registered
709 Posts
What is the wear on them as compaired to RA-1s. I have never tried them, Is the grip that much better? I'm running 205-50-15 and 235-40-17
On my mx5, on a roughly 1:30 track, I average about a second faster per lap on A6s, and have seen a maximum differential of 1.3 seconds (best time on A6 vs best time on RA1)

Just for another data point, worn R6s and worn RA1s run about the same for me (of course a worn RA1 is at it's best and a worn R6 is at its worst).

For my money, if I'm going Hoosier, I'm going A6 on a lighter car. The downside being I get about 3-4 trackdays at most from A6s and that's with constant rotation. OTOH, the looks of disbelief as a Miata passes all manner of other stuff can't be measured in dollars ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts