The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im broadcasting Live from the backside of Churchill Downs all this week and have been snapping pictures of the media, the track, the horses, and hopefully the celebs on Thursday/Friday etc.....

Anyone here give a hoot about such things? I'll post up some pics. Im supposed to have Bo Derek and Nick Lachey for interview Friday...today it was rather ghey. I just had the head distiller from "Woodford Reserve" and the Early Times People...and the Trumpet dude who does the call to post for the Derby...interviews get better as we get closer to Saturday.

All the free mint juleps, bloody mary's, doughnuts, and food you can eat and imbibe....at 4am. :clap: :huh:

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
I pulled my wife over to the computer to see this one, as she's a HUGE racing fan (not too big into cars, I'm afraid). If you can, could you take a few shots of Birdstone?

Thanks! :)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Goose, I'll do that, shouldnt be a problem. My media info says Birdstone is in barn 36. I think Ive got Nick Zito lined up to talk to tomorrow. FWIW, I got some shots outside of Barn36 today, and there was a LARGE throng of TV and other cameras on this horse, from NBC to Sky news out of London, and some Japanese men too. I suspect that its Birdstone so I may already have a pic here,

Attachments

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Thanks for the picture! Anything you can spare from "behind the scenes" is most appreciated.

I'm sure you've mentioned this in the past, but what form of media do you work for? I used to be a stringer photog for the wire services many years ago...

Thanks again :)

·
Registered
529 Posts
OneFastMiata said:

Anyone here give a hoot about such things? I'll post up some pics. Im supposed to have Bo Derek

Please tell Bo that I am still in love with her and would like to take her to get some Dairy Queen the next time she is in Indy...;)

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Eddie, I'll tell Bo you're in love with her. :) She's actually not too bright. She travels with her sister, her sister is VERY cool and a hoot to deal with. Last year some skanky guy from one of the networks and handed her a card and said "please have Bo come see me next for an interview"....Bo's sister said "who the HELL are you??? I have to pee, so we'll be pee'ing next and you're NOT welcome to come". I died.

_JD_ Bob is a funny guy, he always has a mischevious look on his face. He also kind of arrogant when he wants to be, but he has several past Derby winners and this is his "element" so he gets by with it.

The camera is a Kodak easy share and believe it or not its just a 2.0 megapixel. I only use it for internet shots etc but even for prints it works great.

Goose, I'll see what else I can come up with Birdstone. Ive got a bunch of backside pics and track pics, I'll try and post the better looking ones.

I work in TV and Radio. I did airborne news for 7 years for the FOX affiliate and did some side work for the local NBC affiliate...now I do mornings on a local Radio station.

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Here's one from today I found amusing. Its not from the track though, its from the Ohio River.

To give some background on what I'm up to... Derby is a BIG deal in Louisville and we have a large "festival" leading up to Derby day called interesting enough ;) " The Kentucky Derby Festival". The opening ceremonies are the largest fireworks display in North America, air shows, parades, special events etc. Today was one of those events, called the GREAT STEAMBOAT RACE. Every year we have boat race consisting of several of the only paddle wheelers left in the US. The Delta Queen, the Mississippi Queen, and the Belle of Louisville. They all converge here in Louisville today to race for bragging rights and a trophy which the winner keeps all year( until the next Derby Festival race) on board their boat called "the gilded antlers". I was down covering the race and while waiting for boarding to begin I noticed this sign on the wharf...I thought it was a hoot. :)

Attachments

·
Registered
609 Posts
Hopefully including Bo Derek...

OneFastMiata said:
Ive got a bunch of backside pics ... I'll try and post the better looking ones.
Um, OK...:D

cerven said:
Let's see some pics of you on the job Jenn
Hey slow down; let's get those backside pics first, then up the stakes, OK?

·
Registered
5,607 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
OMG! WHAT A DAY! I had a blast today at the 130th running of the Derby. I took 300 pictures. The back of the track access is AMAZING, something I'll never forget.

Here's a quick shot of the winning rider giving Smarty Jones a congratulatory pat on the side just seconds after winning.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 20 Posts