1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
2,793 Posts
I was looking at this when it was for sale by the owner, ended up with the Elise instead, but this is a very nice looking car.

·
Registered
2,399 Posts
maybe I should get it just so I have a backup :p seriously thats theft

·
Registered
4,176 Posts

·
Registered
963 Posts
Something is up, that VIN comes back to a Gulf Blue Club Racer at Newport Euro (listed at $58,950)...hmmm. I can't seem to find any website for 'LA Luxury Auto Brokers' either. I wouldn't send any deposits...deals like that are indeed too good to be true.

Club Racer Lotus 2008 Gulf Blue :: Lotus of Newport Beach 4040 Campus Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660

https://www.dupontregistry.com/Autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=552596
+1, I "Googled" the VIN, and I got the same Newport Beach one. It's probably a scam...
Actually, IT'S A TRAP!!!!!

·
Registered
4,176 Posts
I also did a reverse on that address and there is no business by that name there...Google street view just shows an office building too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Uuuuhm,...those are pics stolen from when Noobified was selling his car. I know this because I bought that car. (& I'm not selling it, either):sad:

·
Registered
106 Posts
These scammers had a bunch of ads on cars"dot"com awhile ago. It was the whole Lotus of Beverly Hills inventory at half price. Especially liked the "street legal" KG 255 HP Exige. It was the 2007 Krypton Green Cup car, LOL.

·
Registered
169 Posts
The email on the ad points to laluxuryautobrokers.com.

Do a WhoIs on that:
WhoIs Search Results
Registered by "Domains By Proxy" which is a (legit) service offered by GoDaddy to hide your contact information in domain registrations.
Domains by Proxy - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So somebody's gone through a little bit of trouble to hide themselves.

Draw your own conclusions.

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
I sent a copy of this url to the abuse dept at yahoo and asked them to read our post's. I also pointed out the finding of your guy's research on the car. I let them know how tight knit the Lotus community is and the real owner of the car has come forward.

I was pissed when I saw that car in the color I originally wanted for almost 20- 25k less than current selling prices.lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hahahaha.. my wife told me to sell mine and get the color that I originally wanted also.. :) Though I'd definitely sell mine at 59-64k....

·
Registered
773 Posts
Something is up, that VIN comes back to a Gulf Blue Club Racer at Newport Euro (listed at $58,950)...hmmm. I can't seem to find any website for 'LA Luxury Auto Brokers' either. I wouldn't send any deposits...deals like that are indeed too good to be true.

Club Racer Lotus 2008 Gulf Blue :: Lotus of Newport Beach 4040 Campus Drive, Newport Beach, CA 92660

https://www.dupontregistry.com/Autos/Search/DRauSearchDetails.aspx?itemid=552596
That is not correct. You put in one of the #'s wrong apparently, in your inquiry. All 20 of the US Club Racers are 98HL, not 48HL in the middle, as you apparently ran. Try again with 48HL to determine correct lineage.

B/C of copyright, I will not paste it here, but there DOES appear to be a "legitimate" CarFax for SCCVC11148HL80398 as is the VIN that appears in the Ad. Dave is correct, only if he is running instead (by error?) SCCVC11198HL80398 in his inquiry.

Edit to add: That maybe they have since themselves too, CHANGED the #'s in their original ad? :shrug: 98HL as Dave refers to, is a Club Racer. 48HL (as at least as of now to me, appears in the ad) is an '08 Exige S. Just FWIW.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts