The Lotus Cars Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Loving my 400, but since day 1 have not been in love with the two tone 3 piece rear spoiler. My favorite is the lip that's on the carbon louvred hatch, but not looking to spend thousands.

Does anyone know if the original Evora spoiler pre 400 will fit without needing any modifications onto the newer 400 body? It seems like the rear hatch is the same as before, but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks in advance

·
Illegal Alien
4,971 Posts
Loving my 400, but since day 1 have not been in love with the two tone 3 piece rear spoiler. My favorite is the lip that's on the carbon louvred hatch, but not looking to spend thousands.

Does anyone know if the original Evora spoiler pre 400 will fit without needing any modifications onto the newer 400 body? It seems like the rear hatch is the same as before, but I'm not 100% sure. Thanks in advance
I think I've seen it done

·
Premium Member
6,752 Posts
Yeas, may have some holes to deal with. Consider a CF rear hatch

·
Premium Member
1,440 Posts
Maybe consider a hatch swap with someone with an S1 that wants the S2 tail?

·
Registered
275 Posts

I actually like the 3 piece spoiler of the 400s with the black center section - I think it looks sharp, especially on a light colored car.

However, I love the extended lip of the carbon rear hatch. There is no cheaper/aftermarket rear hatch available, correct? Only source is Lotus direct? I know they are $4-5k...

·
Premium Member
2,333 Posts

Might want to ask nosirrahx about his experience. He added a GT4 wing on his 400 but also added a 3rd brake light on the deck (probably to cover the bolt holes from the center of the 400 wing).

see:
https://www.lotustalk.com/forums/f170/wings-472334/#post5978544

·
Lotus Evora Specialty
238 Posts
The 400 tailgate has a pocket where the 400's wing center bolts in. Here's an FAQ that might help:

It describes fitting a GT4 wing to a 400 but the original S1 Wing mounts the same as the GT4 so it equally applies. --Sherman

1 - 10 of 10 Posts